Shock recommendations for an Intense Carbine 29 carbon- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Shock recommendations for an Intense Carbine 29 carbon

Little bit of a long story; My wife bought an Intense Carbine 275 with a Cane Creek DB Inline. A year later I bought a Carbine 29 carbon and swapped the shocks. The inline proceeded to self destruct multiple times and, after 3 or so attempts, Dirtlabs got it working long term and swapped parts to make it the DBAir IL.

A couple months back we were driving some pretty rugged dirt roads and my bike rack failed and my wifes bike fell off and the Monarch shock was damaged. At first I thought it was just the air valve, but it looks as if its been weeping oil and lost the damper too.

Im thinking i might just put the DBAir IL on her bike and buy myself a new shock. Looking at Float X2, another DBAir IL, DBAir CS. Any other recommendations?

I ride all sorts of stuff with this bike. I always climb except for the rare car shuttle. Iíll occasionally hit the bike park/downhill trails at the local resort.

TL;DR

My wifes shock died. Gunna give her my DBAir IL and get something new for my Carbine 29.

-Float X2
    -DBAir CS
    -DBAir IL
    -Other?
    2015 Intense Carbine 29
    2013 Motobecane Fantom Team DS

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    All of those will work well. I had a Float X2 on mine at the beginning and it was fine. The only issue is you may find the suspension wallows a little bit in the middle of the stroke. I had also read a long time ago the air can to the DBAir (the one with the reservoir) is so physically big that it may hit the frame during full compression.
    Intense 951 Evo and Santa Cruz Megatower

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Something with a large negative chamber would work best in a Carbine, so my picks would be the float X2 then DBIL.

DBair is a good shock but it might lack in sensitivity and/or support compared to the other 2
    www.thesuspensionlab.nz
    Servicing in Rotorua, NZ/Vorsprung Elite Tuning Centre/DVO service centre/Insta @thesuspensionlab