SHIVER Spring Question- Mtbr.com

Feb 2004

SHIVER Spring Question

I recently replaced the stock springs in my '02 Shiver with a set of heavy ones. I am finding the ride a bit harsh in the front now. My question is, is it ok to mix and match the springs in the fork legs? Can I run one heavy and one medium?

John

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Yes you can, not a problem....

it is a viable tuning option that has been in use for quite some time. I used to have a old Zocch Z3 dual coil that I ran one Xheavy and one Heavy spring it to get it just right. Two X's were too stiff and two Heavies were too light. The Xheavy/Heavy combo was perfect. You should have 0 problems runing the heavy/medium combo. It is NOT recommended that you run any more than a one rate difference between sides though. In other words an Xheavy/medium or a heavy/light would not be a good thing. No worries though, what you want to try is perfectly fine. It is a nice thing to know too, as it doubles your tuning options for dual coil forks. So have at it. Hopefully it'll dial you in.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

Feb 2004
    Thanks Squash. I semed to remember it being done by guys before, but better to ask and be sure before you try it.

John

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

I agree with you John....

always better to ask if you are not sure, than to go ahead and then end up buggering something up.

Glad I could help.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

Members who have read this thread: 0