Service Rockshox World Cup?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Service Rockshox World Cup?

Hi

I have a 2006 white Trance 1 fitted with Rockshox Reba World Cup w/Motion Control, 1 pce carbon crown/steerer & PopLoc , 100mm/4”.

Riding home a couple of weeks ago the forks just dropped so that only about 1inch of the stanton tubes were sticking out. I tried putting more air in but that didn't seem to work. All that did work was taking all the air out and then pumping both the +ve and the -ve back up. Forks then felt fine for a few days until we had another cold night and the same thing happened.

Confusing thing is I can set the pressures to +ve 130, -ve 140 and have good feel with maximum travel until a cold morning (about zero degrees Celius/32 F) then the forks suck in and I am lucky to get half an inch of travel. I check the pressures and they are fine and the only way to get the forks back up is to let the air out and pump them back up again.

I expect a small amount of air is getting from the +ve to the -ve to allow the suck up the forks seem to do, however running +ve at 130 and -ve at 100 which I thought would give less chance of suck in still gives the same problem.

I expect the forks need a service. What is done in a typical shock service and what parts need replacing? Is it the type of thing you do yourself or is it a shop only job? If shop only does anyone recommend a good place in Canberra Australia.

Thanks
    Chris

mtbr member
    you can easily DIY. Download the pdf from the RS/SRAM site. You'll need snap ring pliers and a 6 sided socket that is not beveled (I use an impact socket since it's not beveled), SRAM shock oil (5 wt/15 wt) or equivalent, the air spring rebuild kit, and a few beers.
    Here is a good start:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=431885

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks, that post is great, you have put a lot of effort into the photos which are a great help. I think that post should become a sticky

Thanks
    Chris

Members who have read this thread: 0