seal replacement--Bomber- Mtbr.com

Nov 2004

seal replacement--Bomber

I am riding an 02 Marzocchi MXC air shock that has been lengthened to roughly 95mm.

I am getting some leaking of oil from the stantions now, and i am assuming that its due to worn seals (theyve not been replaced yet).

Ive had the fork totally apart before, and I actually did the spring conversion myself.
    I was wondering how difficult it is to change these 4 seals, and whether any special tools or knowledge are needed? (can i just figure it out by pulling the old seals out?)

Thanks

Freshly Fujified

Never did it

But several here have. Check this site:

www.enduroforkseals.com

Everything you'll need is there, including instructions.

Best wishes,

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member

yep, enduro is the way to go!

no special tools needed, crescent wrench, hexes, 14mm? socket w/ extension, flat head screwdriver w/ duct tape/old tire wrapped around it to pop out seals/wipers & some 1 1/4" pvc pipe to install new seals.

check out the install instructions for various forks similar to yours on the site.

Give'r or go home!!

Use the enduro seals removal method, not the marzocchi method

Marzocchi gives you some bad advice in the manual about how to remove seals. Yoo'll end up tearing the seals. Use the method on the enduro site. They'll "pop" right out. Just pay attention to where you place the tip of the screwdriver so you are only trying to lift the rubber seal!
    The more you give'r the more fun you have!

Nov 2004
    cheers.
    Thanks all!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by giverpig
    Marzocchi gives you some bad advice in the manual about how to remove seals. Yoo'll end up tearing the seals.
    And exactly why does that matter when removing seals for replacement?

I've installed enduro seals on many forks in the shop, as well as marzocchi seals. I'd say that they are pretty much equal. Both can stand some pretty high forces, both last a long time. I definitely wouldn't give the edge to either.

In the case of fox shoxs or rockshox models, I would make a much bigger distinction.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Members who have read this thread: 0