Scratches on Stanctions???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Scratches on Stanctions???

I have some scratches on the Stanctions of my Fox Fork. Deep enough that you can feel them when running your finger along them. Located halfway up the stanctions. Other than installing enduro seals (better protection), is there anything I can do to repair the area?
    Thanks

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Quote Originally Posted by ATOMICned
    I have some scratches on the Stanctions of my Fox Fork. Deep enough that you can feel them when running your finger along them. Located halfway up the stanctions. Other than installing enduro seals (better protection), is there anything I can do to repair the area?
    Thanks
    If this was a Marzocchi I would tell you to not worry about it, the seals are so tough, they'll polish the stanchion for ya.

If there is no oil coming out, you don't have to do anything. If you want, you can take some JB weld and fill in the scratch, then you will need to sand it, which I would personally be really nervous doing, since you run a risk of making things worse.

_MK

"The things you get fired for when you’re young are the same things you get Lifetime Achievements for when you’re old."

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks
    I have a friend who did the same thing on his Fox. Its been 2.5 years now, and the fork is still going strong. Chances are you'll be ok. Depends on how serious the scratches are. Got any pics you can post?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

pics of scratches

Here is what the scratches look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Here is what the scratches look like.
    That looks like you have nothing to worry about.

_MK

"The things you get fired for when you’re young are the same things you get Lifetime Achievements for when you’re old."

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thats not too bad.

Ride, keep them clean with a dry cloth between rides, on occasion use some thing like Finish Line Stanction Lube, keep that set of Enduro seals around for a rainy weekend project.

Members who have read this thread: 0