Rockshox SID psi settings (or any RS dual air fork)- Mtbr.com
    Hikers=SHlT
    May 2007

Rockshox SID psi settings (or any RS dual air fork)

Hey guys, I have an 08 Rockshox SID Team that I'm having a hard time tuning. I weigh 176lbs so probably a little more than 180lbs with gear and I ride in really rocky desert terrain. It feels like the fork isn't as plush as I'd like it to be and it doesn't soak up small hard bumps very well. The rebound is also quite intense. I've tried lowering the positive and negative air pressures, but I had a problem with the fork bottoming out on medium sized drops. Is there a way to set the fork to soak up smaller bumps, but not bottom out on drops?

Can you guys let me know what psi you're running if you're around the same weight?

Spice
    Dec 2008
    on my revelations i increased the negative pressure to make small bump performance better, but then increased positive pressure too, for big drops, not sure at the exact pressures im running but it works well, i dont have as much sag as i should but it feels great and works well

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    You'll get better small bump compliance if you pump up the neg. chamber so it is just a bit higher than the pos. chamber. I weigh 180lbs and run 100 pos, and 102 neg. for my cross country race bike with a SID.

Hikers=SHlT
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy
    You'll get better small bump compliance if you pump up the neg. chamber so it is just a bit higher than the pos. chamber. I weigh 180lbs and run 100 pos, and 102 neg. for my cross country race bike with a SID.
    Thanks for the advice, Johnny! I tried out that combo over the weekend and it worked great!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Pressure Settings for 1999 SID dual air fork

For future references, so the next guy does not have to dig around on the net for an hour, from Aug '99 Total Mountain Bike:

Rockshox SID psi settings (or any RS dual air fork)-sid-dual-air-pressure-chart.jpg

Members who have read this thread: 3