Rockshox basic service kit- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Rockshox basic service kit

I have a second hand set of rockshox team reba's that I want to service. I have searched the sram website for an email address to ask questions but have not found one. Can anyone tell me how to find out the exact year and basic rebuild kit I need? Thanks

mtbr member
    Look at the serial number. First two numbers are the last two digits of the production year. Also, the decals/branding are spcific to the year. SRAM doesn't deal directly with consumers so check out your local bike shop.

All of the tech details are on the SRAM tech site: Service Resources - RockShox | SRAM

I have worked on some 2006 Rebas recently. If they aren't damaged, they come back better than new.

Foam and wipers can be had from your LBS for cheap. The crush washers, dual air and damper seals come with the entire basic service kit. You'll also need 15w oil and 5wt for the damper as well as some Slick Honey for the o-rings and piston seal head.

mk
    TrailWerks Cyclery
    TrailWerks Suspension Service

trailwerkssuspension.com
    trailwerkscyclery.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbildr View Post
    Look at the serial number. First two numbers are the last two digits of the production year. Also, the decals/branding are spcific to the year. SRAM doesn't deal directly with consumers so check out your local bike shop.

All of the tech details are on the SRAM tech site: Service Resources - RockShox | SRAM

I have worked on some 2006 Rebas recently. If they aren't damaged, they come back better than new.

Foam and wipers can be had from your LBS for cheap. The crush washers, dual air and damper seals come with the entire basic service kit. You'll also need 15w oil and 5wt for the damper as well as some Slick Honey for the o-rings and piston seal head.

mk
    Thanks for your speedy reply. The serial number is 38T800006143 does this mean they are 2008 forks, they do have the power bulge if this means anything.

mtbr member
    Yeah, 2008 build. They may be 2009 model year though so look at the logos in the decals and compare them to the .pdfs from SRAM. If I'm right, these forks were batch 6, 143rd day of production. I can't remember exactly.

mk
    TrailWerks Cyclery
    TrailWerks Suspension Service

trailwerkssuspension.com
    trailwerkscyclery.com