Rock shox Revelation- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Rock shox Revelation

Hi

I have just got a set of revelation 426 air u-turn with pushloc, i have got a couple of questions about these forks.

1: is it possable to get rid of the pushloc as i would like to have some adjustment on the compression as some times i need the forks to be a bit harder, at the moment i have it fully active or fully locked out with nothing in between.

2: If it is possable to get rid of the pusloc what parts would i need to get?

3: when working the pushloc the flood gate (gold knod) moves as well, i can not turn it on its own, when i try to move it it moves the blue knob as well.

Thanks
    Matt

TNC
    noMAD man
    I removed the Pushloc on mine, as I don't use any "dialed in" compression on mine...didn't need it. I don't engage the Floodgate either. For those who do, and many love the option, you have to have the Motion Control (non-Pushloc) unit with the adjustment that stays "fixed" and in place when you turn that compression knob. That requires a whole new unit, not just a knob switch. The Pushloc Motion Control unit goes to fully open on the blue compression knob without the Pushloc cable. It's spring loaded. If you want adjustment you'll have to change the whole Motion Control unit.

On your Floodgate knob, it should move with the blue compression knob, but you should be able to turn it independently. I've seen some mention lately that their Floodgate knob was a bit stuck, and they freed it by using some pliers. It sounds barbaric, but apparently worked without issue after that. Maybe they can comment on that.

Spice
    Dec 2008
    yeh my floodgate was stuck, dont use pliers though you might mangle up that shiny new knob!!

undo the grub screw that holds the floodgate cap on
    take the cap off
    you'll see a small black part poking out that the cap screws onto
    get a spanner and undo it, it wont take too much force

Bite Me.
    You can adapt your existing compression knob to run manually. You need to remove the return spring under the knob so it will turn freely. You also need to install a small rubber O-ring (hardware store item) under the knob so it has some friction and will stay in place when you adjust the setting. If you do a search here you will find a few threads that describe the procedure in more detail - it's pretty simple. Check under poploc conversion or something similar. As for the stuck Floodgate knob, mine was also stuck in full closed position. I just put a shop towel over the knob and gave it a slight counter-clockwise twist with some pliers. It loosened up immediately without much force at all.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

TNC
    noMAD man
    That's good to know, cutthroat, on the conversion for the compression knob...hadn't seen that one. I guess my dirt motor background causes me to balk at anything on a fork that inhibits the action. Perhaps I'm an ol' skool HSCV guy at heart...LOL!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Got the floodgate working, took the knob off and put a pair of pliers on it and turned it anticlock wise, now it is working fine. Thanks I think I may need the motion control unit as well, because when I hold the pushloc half way it does not make the compression any harder, it is just the same as when it is fully open.

Members who have read this thread: 0