Rock Shox Reba Team (Maxle) vs. Fox F120RLC (15QR)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rock Shox Reba Team (Maxle) vs. Fox F120RLC (15QR)

Looking at one of the above to upgrade my Ventana El Saltamontes. Pretty split/on the fence about which one to get. Any opinions out there on which may be better for this application? I'm in Tahoe area, ride pretty much what you might call "All Mountain", to me it's like XC riding, but with gnarly rock gardens, small jumps, and 2-3 ft drops peppering most rides. I'm 215#, too.....

Come on, dare me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrex Everything
    Looking at one of the above to upgrade my Ventana El Saltamontes. Pretty split/on the fence about which one to get. Any opinions out there on which may be better for this application? I'm in Tahoe area, ride pretty much what you might call "All Mountain", to me it's like XC riding, but with gnarly rock gardens, small jumps, and 2-3 ft drops peppering most rides. I'm 215#, too.....
    Considering your weight and style of riding, I'd go with the Reba for the 20 mm axle, although I'm a big Fox fan. I have an F100 RLC 2008 (32 series) with a 9 mm axle on my XC bike and a Pike with Maxle axle on my AM bike and you can really feel the difference in rigidity up front (notwithstanding the different wheels). Even though the 15 mm axle is supposed to be 20 % more rigid than the standard 9 mm one, I'm sure it doesn't track as well as a true 20 mm axle. If your main criteria is NOT weight, go for the Reba. You won't regret it.

Jerome

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    +1, buying a fork and wheel, it makes sense to get the RS with Maxle.

Members who have read this thread: 0