Rock Shox pump doesn't engage on Fox DPS EVOL shock?- Mtbr.com
    -bustin punks

Rock Shox pump doesn't engage on Fox DPS EVOL shock?

So I've owned this Rock Shox brand shock pump for 5? years. Works on all my forks (which happen to be Rock Shox) and no problem on my old Fox Triad from my 2011 FSR.

My new bike has a DPS EVOL rear shock and I can thread the pump on all the way (or what seems like it), but it doesn't engage with the shock.

Anybody else have this issue? Can I fix it or do I need a Fox or some other brand of pump to interact with this thing?

Thanks,

Ryan

mtbr member
    IDK about the Rockshox pumps but I've used 4+ different brand pumps (none Rockshox) on Fox and Rockshox shocks and forks interchangeably without issue so I don't think there is a systematic difference. It might be an issue with the pump or the shock. LBS or friends should have some pumps you can try.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I had a new bike with a Fox shock that had a small amount of excess material on the schrader valve that would not allow the pump to engage.

I took a smooth file and gave it a few smooth swipes...and it was fine.(I'm comfortable doing this...but it's not for everyone)

I have a DT shock that you have to really crank down on the chuck to get it to engage with 2 pumps that I have

-bustin punks
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    I had a new bike with a Fox shock that had a small amount of excess material on the schrader valve that would not allow the pump to engage.

I took a smooth file and gave it a few smooth swipes...and it was fine.(I'm comfortable doing this...but it's not for everyone)

I have a DT shock that you have to really crank down on the chuck to get it to engage with 2 pumps that I have
    Ok, I may give this a try. I grabbed a Fox branded pump at my LBS to try as well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fatchanceti View Post
    Ok, I may give this a try. I grabbed a Fox branded pump at my LBS to try as well.
    I did have a new shock...can't remember what brand...that had it's schrader core screwed way in so the pump would not engage(had to use pliers on the core tool to remove it)
    Unscrewed the core...and put it in finger tight....and it was fine for years.
    Good luck with your problem

-bustin punks
    Fox brand pump engaged fairly easily without bottoming out. Wow - pumping this thing up to 240-250 is quite a workout.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Interesting.

I aired up my dropper no problem, but still didn't return properly. Deflated, greased it up but then the pump wouldn't engage the valve. Had the shop add air and it worked fine.
    I tested my pump by connecting to fork and it was fine, just didn't like the zero pressure dropper...but it did with the 250 pressure dropper.

mtbr member
    My monarch just started not filling up.
    Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.