Rock Shox Pike Line Up- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Rock Shox Pike Line Up

Hey MTBR!

Right now I'm in the process of building up a new bike, I just landed an awesome deal on a cannondale prophet frame and am itching to start building it up.

As far as suspension goes I want to go with the Rock Shox Pike ( It seems like a good fit for the bike and you can score great deals online too).

My main dilemma is knowing which one the choose! I seem to find a different freaking model with every search!

I asking everyone here what the different models for the Pike. If someone knows alot about the Pike series then your knowledge is very useful to me.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ehadzima
    Hey MTBR!

Right now I'm in the process of building up a new bike, I just landed an awesome deal on a cannondale prophet frame and am itching to start building it up.

As far as suspension goes I want to go with the Rock Shox Pike ( It seems like a good fit for the bike and you can score great deals online too).

My main dilemma is knowing which one the choose! I seem to find a different freaking model with every search!

I asking everyone here what the different models for the Pike. If someone knows alot about the Pike series then your knowledge is very useful to me.

Thanks!
    There are many different models aftermarket and oem. Most common would be U-Turn Coil or Dual Air / Dual Air U-Turn. Then there are different syles of the MoCo damper - tooled, remote, standard. Steel or aluminum steer tubes, hollow & solid crowns. Figure out if you want air or coil first.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    There's loads of information in this forum. One thing to look for is info on adding/changing compression dampers, and changing coil to air. So, for example, if you find a good deal on a 327 which doesn't include a motion control damper, you can figure in the additional cost of adding moco yourself. In other words, you might get a better deal upgrading a lower level fork.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Good advice! So the Pike 327 is the only one with out motion control, right?

Members who have read this thread: 0