Rock Show Tora 318 Solo Air??????????- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Wink Rock Show Tora 318 Solo Air??????????

Hey all. I'm building a Haro extreme x3 dual suspension and need forks. I am currently being offered some RS Tora 318 solo air shocks for 200 usd. Is this a good deal? I weigh about 150-155 and do take jumps but nothing huge, and little to no drops. Would these forks work well? Thanks all

Apr 2006

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by coop3422
    Hey all. I'm building a Haro extreme x3 dual suspension and need forks. I am currently being offered some RS Tora 318 solo air shocks for 200 usd. Is this a good deal? I weigh about 150-155 and do take jumps but nothing huge, and little to no drops. Would these forks work well? Thanks all
    I have that shock on my Specialized RH Comp. I see they go for around $260 on the market. Fork will work well as you can set your own compression on the air forks.At your weight- put around 110 lbs of air in the shock . (YOU will also need to purchase a shock pump- they go for around $30.).It is probably the cheapest of the air shocks so I would go for it if I were you. I have no complaints with mine. The air does not leak out much at all with mine. I check the pressure once a month and I don't lose anything.

mtbr member
    The Only thing i can fault the Solo air Toras for is the fact that you have to open up the forks and put spacers in if you want to adjust the travel.
    Floridas Other Crazy White Guy....http://www.swampclub.org/smf/index.php

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks guys, but I wound up buying a Rock Shox Recon U-Turn for the same price I think it's supposed to be a way better shock

Aug 2004
    I have a 318 on my GF and it's junk... but better than a Judy. You did a good thing snatching the Recon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    ya, I can't wait to get it on my haro x3 and finish the build

on my 3rd wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by coop3422
    Thanks guys, but I wound up buying a Rock Shox Recon U-Turn for the same price I think it's supposed to be a way better shock
    Where for that price on Recon?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackHound
    Where for that price on Recon?
    Ebay, brand new. Got a pretty damn good deal on em I think

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    The only difference I can see between the Recon 351 Solo Air and the Tora 318 Solo Air is that the Recon has aluminum stanchions. Of course, there are different models of each shock.

Members who have read this thread: 0