• 07-14-2006
    coop3422
    Rock Show Tora 318 Solo Air??????????
    Hey all. I'm building a Haro extreme x3 dual suspension and need forks. I am currently being offered some RS Tora 318 solo air shocks for 200 usd. Is this a good deal? I weigh about 150-155 and do take jumps but nothing huge, and little to no drops. Would these forks work well? Thanks all
  • 07-15-2006
    easyrider09
    Quote:

Originally Posted by coop3422
    Hey all. I'm building a Haro extreme x3 dual suspension and need forks. I am currently being offered some RS Tora 318 solo air shocks for 200 usd. Is this a good deal? I weigh about 150-155 and do take jumps but nothing huge, and little to no drops. Would these forks work well? Thanks all

I have that shock on my Specialized RH Comp. I see they go for around $260 on the market. Fork will work well as you can set your own compression on the air forks.At your weight- put around 110 lbs of air in the shock . (YOU will also need to purchase a shock pump- they go for around $30.).It is probably the cheapest of the air shocks so I would go for it if I were you. I have no complaints with mine. The air does not leak out much at all with mine. I check the pressure once a month and I don't lose anything.
  • 07-15-2006
    carnage
    The Only thing i can fault the Solo air Toras for is the fact that you have to open up the forks and put spacers in if you want to adjust the travel.
  • 07-15-2006
    coop3422
    Thanks guys, but I wound up buying a Rock Shox Recon U-Turn for the same price :) I think it's supposed to be a way better shock
  • 07-15-2006
    mbmojo
    I have a 318 on my GF and it's junk... but better than a Judy. You did a good thing snatching the Recon.
  • 07-17-2006
    coop3422
    ya, I can't wait to get it on my haro x3 and finish the build:)
  • 07-18-2006
    SingleTrackHound
    Quote:

Originally Posted by coop3422
    Thanks guys, but I wound up buying a Rock Shox Recon U-Turn for the same price :) I think it's supposed to be a way better shock

Where for that price on Recon?
  • 07-18-2006
    coop3422
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SingleTrackHound
    Where for that price on Recon?

Ebay, brand new. Got a pretty damn good deal on em I think
  • 08-31-2006
    tenbsmith
    The only difference I can see between the Recon 351 Solo Air and the Tora 318 Solo Air is that the Recon has aluminum stanchions. Of course, there are different models of each shock.