resizing bushings?- Mtbr.com

Oct 2007

resizing bushings?

can it be done at home? my minute it just too tight. i thought it needed break in, but it has ~150 miles on it now, and its still tight. i think its leading to unnecessary harshness.

overall, i really like the fork. its stiff where it needs to be, its freakishly light for a 140mm TA fork, the damper works for me.. its just sticky!

i got it brand new, but second hand so i dont think i have any warranty on it.

I think I need to Upgrade
    Have you checked the oil levels? That could cause somestiction. Get some suspension grease like Slick Honey and put some of that on the stancions just above the top seals and cycle the fork a few times and see if that helps, it might just be sticky seals.

For your original question if the bushings are too tight, I think it would have to go back to Manitou or an independant suspension shop such as Dirtlabs to be fixed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsmoto
    can it be done at home? my minute it just too tight. i thought it needed break in, but it has ~150 miles on it now, and its still tight. i think its leading to unnecessary harshness.

overall, i really like the fork. its stiff where it needs to be, its freakishly light for a 140mm TA fork, the damper works for me.. its just sticky!

i got it brand new, but second hand so i dont think i have any warranty on it.
    PM me as I can help that is easy to do.

Members who have read this thread: 2