Reconfigure/resize Push 11-6 costs?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Reconfigure/resize Push 11-6 costs?

While I wait for Push response to an email, has anyone had their 11-6 reconfigured from one size to another? How much did it cost you?
    Intense 951 Evo and Santa Cruz Megatower

always licking the glass

Reconfigure/resize Push 11-6 costs?

I looked into it. For me to reconfigure my shock from 230x57.5 to 230x65 was around $200. To change it from 230x57.5 to 210x55 was between $600-800. While I like Push and what they do, theyíve made that shock pretty cost prohibitive to switch it between bikes for a shock thatís already $1200 retail.

I love my ACS3 converted Fox fork, but changing anything on that is far more affordable.
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF, Colorado Front Range
    https://classifieds.mtbr.com/showpro...product=116154

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    I looked into it. For me to reconfigure my shock from 230x57.5 to 230x65 was around $200. To change it from 230x57.5 to 210x55 was between $600-800. While I like Push and what they do, theyíve made that shock pretty cost prohibitive to switch it between bikes for a shock thatís already $1200 retail.
    Remember you aren't just changing the size, it will most likely include compression and rebound valving, 2 new OHV assemblies and bottom out bumper, on top of the body, shaft and rebound needle. Because you are changing the application, not just length

Changing the length of any shock is expensive, but this is a top of the line product and its still cheaper than buying a whole new shock!
    www.thesuspensionlab.nz
    Servicing in Rotorua, NZ/Vorsprung Elite Tuning Centre/DVO service centre/Insta @thesuspensionlab

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Ok that's all good to know. Thanks. I figured it would be expensive...you're essentially buying half the shock again.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC7 View Post
    Remember you aren't just changing the size, it will most likely include compression and rebound valving, 2 new OHV assemblies and bottom out bumper, on top of the body, shaft and rebound needle. Because you are changing the application, not just length

Changing the length of any shock is expensive, but this is a top of the line product and its still cheaper than buying a whole new shock!
    Itís cheaper than a whole new 11.6 but itís not cheaper than a whole lot of new shocks. When they were selling at as itís 1200 but itís a shock you take with you I would think ok so you spend the big bucks up front and then itís less than half to change it to other bikes in the future but when it starts costing 800.00 thatís not so much a realistic advantage to me. I think that must be for when people have to go from the regular to the side stacked and if thatís the case Iíd think just leave the old shock on and raise the price a bit on selling the complete bike. Then sell the new shock off your new bike for 300.00 and buy a completely new 11.6 with new everything. I donít think the taking it with you model is working as originally intended, too many frames using too many options now, side stacked vs regular vs trunnions, standard vs metric etc etc.

always licking the glass
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC7 View Post

For less than $800, I can buy a bunch of different shocks. $800 to change out an old shock to me, no matter how custom, is cost prohibitive for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF, Colorado Front Range
    https://classifieds.mtbr.com/showpro...product=116154

mtbr member
    It's great to have choices. You can have the Cadillac or the VW. Cost prohibitive versus performance enhancing? Some of us don't ride hard or fast enough that having a boutique shock or a custom tune matters that much anyway.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Hill View Post
    Itís cheaper than a whole new 11.6 but itís not cheaper than a whole lot of new shocks. When they were selling at as itís 1200 but itís a shock you take with you I would think ok so you spend the big bucks up front and then itís less than half to change it to other bikes in the future but when it starts costing 800.00 thatís not so much a realistic advantage to me. I think that must be for when people have to go from the regular to the side stacked and if thatís the case Iíd think just leave the old shock on and raise the price a bit on selling the complete bike. Then sell the new shock off your new bike for 300.00 and buy a completely new 11.6 with new everything. I donít think the taking it with you model is working as originally intended, too many frames using too many options now, side stacked vs regular vs trunnions, standard vs metric etc etc.
    Yeah the number of options out there today makes buying shocks a nightmare so that doesn't help, but at least it's always an option to take it with you whereas a rockshox can't be changed AT ALL and even buying a new shock from them is difficult a lot of the time.

It's a premium product, so never going to be "affordable" if you don't have that kind of money that's fine there are other great shocks out there, but if you want that premium performance and keep it this is what you have to pay.

It's no different to buying a new hub and rebuilding your wheel when changing from non-boost to boost, sure we would all rather not pay that much money but that's the nature of progress.

It comes down to what you prioritise on your bike, will you miss the change in performance going back to a "factory" shock? Or can you live with a Black Ano fork in stead of kashima, alloy bars instead of carbon?
    www.thesuspensionlab.nz
    Servicing in Rotorua, NZ/Vorsprung Elite Tuning Centre/DVO service centre/Insta @thesuspensionlab

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I think what I found attractive about the 11-6 was the fact the two 'tunes' built in had their own LSC and HSC adjusters. While I would do the typical descend and trail/climb tune, I liked the idea of being able to fully crank in the LSC on the climb mode for those days when I have to grind up a fireroad for an extended period of time. Then on days where I have to grind up more techy-style trails, then I could reset the LSC on the 'trail' setting back where it's supposed to be.

My RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate has that 3-pos switch which pretty much literally locks out the shock for those fireroad climbs. I like that feature a lot now. I'll have to contact Avalanche to see how stiff that setting is after they install their parts.