rebuild kit or upgrade for bomber Z2(99?)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

rebuild kit or upgrade for bomber Z2(99?)

i have an old marzokki bomber z2 laying around that i want to put on a single speed i am putting together.the problem is that it tops out very hard and there is no rebound.

any companies make parts for it and upgrades?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ROG30Y
    i have an old marzokki bomber z2 laying around that i want to put on a single speed i am putting together.the problem is that it tops out very hard and there is no rebound.

any companies make parts for it and upgrades?
    have you checked the oil levels? got leaking seals?
    those are great forks.
    sure there's some bob outta the saddle, but put some stiffer springs in and crank the preload down, it's still darn plush.
    There were few aftermarket cartridges, since these things worked so well outta the box. I tink RCR aftermarket is the only one that comes to mind, they pop up on ebay occasionally.

Even if it turns out that the cartridge has gone bad, pick up a used Z2 on ebay for cheap and keep her going
    As for rebuild parts- enduroforkseals.com is the place for seals, and cambriabike.com still seems to have the MRP speedsping kits for these going for under $30... dunno if these are still the speedbomb kits with the 10mm travel upgrade, best to call 'em.

Marzocchi still stocks parts and will do rebuilds for around $70. Call their tech support with questions, they are usually very helpful. But, if it's the cartridge, those aren't cheap, that's why I recommendo the great auction place in the sky.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I never thought it was to soft,as a matter of fact it always felt a little stiff even from the beginning.

there are no oil leaks.initially a few years ago it had a seal leak and i took it in to local shop for rebuild.after the rebuild it always popped hard when coming back to top and acts like it doesnt have any rebound....is this something easy to fix?

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by ROG30Y
    after the rebuild it always popped hard when coming back to top and acts like it doesnt have any rebound....is this something easy to fix?
    That depends on whether it's a broken damping cartridge, or just too low of an oil level inside of the fork leg.

First thing to do is look on the marzocchi site and find the oil levels, then take off the top caps and take out the springs, compress the fork, and check the oil levels.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Members who have read this thread: 0