Rebound adjustment question!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rebound adjustment question!

Hi

I have a Giant HV rear shock and I freeride. What should I adjust it to? There's a + and a - sighn which way should I turn it? Don't you want it right in the middle? I was just wondering if you wanted it on a diffrent setting for freeriding.

thanks

EDR
    It doesn't go "in the middle" unless thats where you feel comfortable using it.
    I'm no freerider but generally most people will set up their rear shock so that when riding off a 4inch curb the rebound is as fast as possible without feeling like it wants to bump you up off the saddle. This is a general starting point, you also want the front and rear to rebound the at the same rate.

For jumps or d/h stuff you generally want a slower rebound, for big jumps a very slow rebound so your bike doesn't "kick" back at you. For freeriding, I don't know but if jumps to flats are part of your riding then go with a slower rebound.

Ride for an hour on full neg, then middle, then full pos so you know what all the settings do to your riding. Then adjust from there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    The rebound should be set up for your riding style and mainly your weight. This article here has a quick intro to suspension set up.

Suspension set up.

Don't be afraid to make adjustments and feel for the difference. It's the only way to learn and once you do you can really start to get the most of your bike.

Jim

Members who have read this thread: 0