Reba Team Set-Up- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Reba Team Set-Up

Who is runnig a Reba Team fork? I just purchased a 2006 Reba Team 100mm fork leg mounted lockout.
    Any tips/guides for set-up?
    I weigh about 150 lb. and the fork is on a medium Santa Cruz Blur XC.
    I was going to start at 95 lb positive and the same for negative?

Weird huh?

Me

I've got the Reba Team 06 U-turn. This should work the same.
    Kudos to the person who gave me this formula, but I can't remember your name.

It's the 60% solution

Positive + 60% of your body weight and then 60% of that number for the Negative -

So:

155lbs = 93 lbs positive (I'd round it to 95)

60% of 93 = 59 lbs pressure negative (round it to 60)

+ 95 lbs
    - 60 lbs

Really does work well.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Gold Member
    I run a 05 Team and loved it so much I bought another for my other bike.
    I would say the sticker that comes on the fork is pretty accurate for setting it up.
    I'm 195 & about 205-210 with gear.
    I usually used 145psi (P) and 140psi (N).
    Get the gate setup right and the rest is cake.
    I don't worry about it ever being too soft because the pop-lock is so easy to use and that is only on the steepest of climbs usually. Well, for me anyway.

Good luck and enjoy!
    CyclingCentralVa.org
    Shop Hand
    On-One Lurcher
    S-Works DEMO
    Crux
    BMC SLR01
    LOOK675

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

60% rule

[Do you give up plushness and small bump sensitiveity with only 60% in the negative?

QUOTE=cmdrpiffle]I've got the Reba Team 06 U-turn. This should work the same.
    Kudos to the person who gave me this formula, but I can't remember your name.

It's the 60% solution

Positive + 60% of your body weight and then 60% of that number for the Negative -

So:

155lbs = 93 lbs positive (I'd round it to 95)

60% of 93 = 59 lbs pressure negative (round it to 60)

+ 95 lbs
    - 60 lbs

Really does work well.
    Cheers,
    Mike[/QUOTE]

Weird huh?
    Not at all. You can adjust the rebound dampening valve on the bottom towards the bunny...opens it up a bit and lets the oil 'drain' faster. Keeps the plushness without being over stiff

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Reba Set-up

Following the 60% rule I am not getting anywhere near full travel out of the fork.
    Should I drop both pressures or increase the negative?
    Maybe 60% rule results in 60% travel too?

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrpiffle
    Not at all. You can adjust the rebound dampening valve on the bottom towards the bunny...opens it up a bit and lets the oil 'drain' faster. Keeps the plushness without being over stiff

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsie_cat
    Who is runnig a Reba Team fork? I just purchased a 2006 Reba Team 100mm fork leg mounted lockout.
    Any tips/guides for set-up?
    I weigh about 150 lb. and the fork is on a medium Santa Cruz Blur XC.
    I was going to start at 95 lb positive and the same for negative?
    Bootsie you need to disreguard the settings given for the U-Turn versions as they are higher than the standard forks. I'm around 175lbs and I run about 90 POS and 70-80 NEG, so you're 25lbs lighter I figure you should be running somewhere around 75-80 POS and 50-60 NEG. Good luck and let us know what you settle on. I run a standard REBA SL '05
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    when you say travel..how much are you missing. I have an 05 team u-turn and I rarely get the last 1/2 inch of travel. It to me is essentially a 4" fork with an extra half for when you really need it.
    Never play leap-frog with a unicorn!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Reba Set-up

Looks like I was getting about 70mm, 75 if you include the sag due to negative chamber.
    It came up 5mm when I let out the negative.
    I will try 80 positive and 50 negative for next ride.

Quote Originally Posted by []D[][]v[][]D
    when you say travel..how much are you missing. I have an 05 team u-turn and I rarely get the last 1/2 inch of travel. It to me is essentially a 4" fork with an extra half for when you really need it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

only partial travel

I have tried all sorts fo different pressure settings. 80-90 lb feels best with about 60% in the negative. I weigh 150 lb. Even at 70-75 lb I am only getting about 75-80mm of travel. What gives?

Looks like I was getting about 70mm, 75 if you include the sag due to negative chamber.
    It came up 5mm when I let out the negative.
    I will try 80 positive and 50 negative for next ride.

mtbr member
    I have tried all sorts fo different pressure settings. 80-90 lb feels best with about 60% in the negative. I weigh 150 lb. Even at 70-75 lb I am only getting about 75-80mm of travel. What gives?
    So if you have an indicator or apply an cable tie on the stancions when you're done a riding it indicates it's only moved about 3/4 the way up the stancion? I've had no trouble using all 100mm on my SL and now that I've set it to 115mm I can still use all the travel.
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    Seems to me you guys run way hi pressures. I'm just under 150 lbs. & run about 55 pos. & around 45 neg., 05 SL U-turn. On average, I probably ain't that fast, still, If I ran 90 psi pos. I'd probably only get 80 mm travel falling off a cliff.

mtbr member
    Did the 2005 Rebas have over 100mm of travel as the 2006 are listed as having 85/100mm?...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition J
    Did the 2005 Rebas have over 100mm of travel as the 2006 are listed as having 85/100mm?...
    You betcha they did. I just serviced my '05 REBA SL and took out the spacer to take the travel to 115mm from the stock 100mm and it's made a nice little difference.

kneecap
    Dec 2003

New question here. Air down

Bootsie, you're a "rider light", drop some air outa both those chambers. Did my local loop today, relative smooth trail, some assorted rocks, some 6x6 wooden water bars, ran 60 psi pos. chamber, 50 neg. Still only got maybe 100 mm travel out of 115 available. I'm surprised you even get 80 mm travel w/ the psi you're running. Can't hurt to experiment some.

Members who have read this thread: 0