Reba SL for a 03 Rockhopper Disc?- Mtbr.com

Dec 2005

New question here. Reba SL for a 03 Rockhopper Disc?

I have been reading the threads and the Rockshox Reba SL looks to be highly recommended. I have an 03 rockhopper disc with original forks. I do a mixture of trails, singletrack and need something stiffer than the manitou elites. I weigh 250lbs+ & need something stiff with plenty adjustment, hence the air fork appeals to me. Opnions appreciated before I place the order. Wheelworld.com doing them at a good price, any other sites I should be looking at for a good deal?

Meh.
    Do it. SRAM has really saved Rockshox. Motion Control Dampening is great.

mtbr member
    Well I can't say for your weight category (I'm only around 180lbs) but my REBA SL has served me excellent over the 9 months and 2000+ miles I've had it. Read in the Clydes forum that there's lots of big lads riding them and they are very happy- go check over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

Dec 2005
    I have ordered a pair up from pricepoint, shipping plus new headset came to 300 bucks, so looking forward to getting them on the bike...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I've been looking at this fork for about a month and will probably get it here soon. Wheelworld and Pricepoint are the cheapest. It would come down to the s/h as to which one is the best price. I've been keeping an eye on ebay too and there hasn't been too many on there either. It's either the reba sl or skareb for me, but I'm leaning heavily towards the reba. I'm pretty sure you won't go wrong with it.

Sep 2005
    having recently changed from a Manitou Skareb platinum to a Reba SL with U-turn, i can highly recommend the Reba. significant improvement in damping and ease of setup, and seems noticably stiffer to me (with disc brakes).

i'm 150lbs and ride an S-Works HT.

Members who have read this thread: 0