Reba Motion Control Issue- Mtbr.com

Apr 2004

Reba Motion Control Issue

I have a Reba SL on my Gary Fisher Rig. When I got the bike back in August the Lock position on the Motion control was at about 6:00. Now the Lock is at about 2:00 and the open position bumps into the poplock cable stop.

I tried resetting the motion control tonight hoping it might fix something. I turned the adjustment clockwise with the 2.5 allen wrench to start the adjustment, but it never stopped turning clockwise.

Open and Lock appear to work. I'm just confused as to why it appears to have moved, is it still moving and could something worse be happening?

thanks

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlyBob
    I have a Reba SL on my Gary Fisher Rig. When I got the bike back in August the Lock position on the Motion control was at about 6:00. Now the Lock is at about 2:00 and the open position bumps into the poplock cable stop.

I tried resetting the motion control tonight hoping it might fix something. I turned the adjustment clockwise with the 2.5 allen wrench to start the adjustment, but it never stopped turning clockwise.

Open and Lock appear to work. I'm just confused as to why it appears to have moved, is it still moving and could something worse be happening?

thanks
    What is the "Motion Control" adjustment? There is a compression adjustment, and a floodgate adjustment. At least that's what I thought. Also, which model Reba is it?

Apr 2004

Motion Control Damping / Floodgate Adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by kapusta
    What is the "Motion Control" adjustment? There is a compression adjustment, and a floodgate adjustment. At least that's what I thought. Also, which model Reba is it?
    Model = SL

The Motion Control System is Lock/Open Modes. The Floodgate Adjustment adjusts the threshold of 'Lock' blowoff.

So I guess I have two issues/questions that may be related. The positions at which my Motion Coltrol System (Open/Lock Modes) open and locks has changed. And I cannot seem to make the proper adjustment to my Floodgate Adjustment.

Members who have read this thread: 0