Rear Shock: Fox - DHX Air vs. RP3?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rear Shock: Fox - DHX Air vs. RP3?

What is the difference between the Fox DHX Air and the RP3?

What are the best uses of each?

Thanks.

Whoaohohohoh
    You can find out that info on FOX's website. Do a little research before you ask a question that you could answer on your own.

Generally the DHX air is used for downhilling/freeriding and all day trail riding while the rp3 is used for trail riding and cross country racing.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike_AK
    What is the difference between the Fox DHX Air and the RP3?

What are the best uses of each?

Thanks.
    The DHX is far more adjustable than the RP3. You have more levels of adjustment with the propedal and the you have bottom out control.

The RP3 is going to be more XC/Trail oriented. The DHX is going to be Trail/freeride oriented.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoaohohohoh
    You can find out that info on FOX's website. Do a little research before you ask a question that you could answer on your own.

Generally the DHX air is used for downhilling/freeriding and all day trail riding while the rp3 is used for trail riding and cross country racing.

I read Fox's website. In my opinion they were not very specific. Typically this site provides more info and sarcasm than the manufactures claim. Thanks for meeting my expectations.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    The DHX is far more adjustable than the RP3. You have more levels of adjustment with the propedal and the you have bottom out control.

The RP3 is going to be more XC/Trail oriented. The DHX is going to be Trail/freeride oriented.
    Thanks that is what I sort of got from Fox, but was not sure if the DHX would be really be a decent Trail shock. Appreciate the info.

Whoaohohohoh
    http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tec...007_om_eng.htm

Not very specific? How much more specific could you want. I gave you the answer you needed and so did S-Works.

You can't buy the RP3 as an aftermarket shock, but you probably knew that
    Last edited by Whoaohohohoh; 07-02-2006 at 10:58 PM.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike_AK
    Thanks that is what I sort of got from Fox, but was not sure if the DHX would be really be a decent Trail shock. Appreciate the info.
    Most definately a decent trailshock. Just has a more complex damper. It took some fiddling to get adjusted, but once there, it rocks.

I just got an RP 23 from Darren at Push. It seems very comparable to the DHX air. Just easier to use.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    Most definately a decent trailshock. Just has a more complex damper. It took some fiddling to get adjusted, but once there, it rocks.

I just got an RP 23 from Darren at Push. It seems very comparable to the DHX air. Just easier to use.
    Thanks, appreciate the comments.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The DHX Air feels more like a coil shock and has larger air volume, adjustable ProPedal and Bottom Out. The RP3 does not seem as plush, but it has the advantage of of being lighter and ProPedeal can be adjusted quicker via lever (DHX has some insane 15 clicks of adjustment).

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoaohohohoh
    http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tec...007_om_eng.htm

Not very specific? How much more specific could you want. I gave you the answer you needed and so did S-Works.

You can't buy the RP3 as an aftermarket shock, but you probably knew that
    The RP3 was available as an after market shock. I picked one up from Universal Cycles end of 2004. Although it been replaced by the RP23 in the Fox product line, there still may be some stock left. These guys may still have 'em:

http://www.go-ride.com/prod_shox_fox.html

Members who have read this thread: 0