rear shock for Fisher Joshua F3- Mtbr.com

Jul 2006

rear shock for Fisher Joshua F3

I have a Fisher Joshua F3 (full suspension) from 00. I'm looking to replace the rear shock (stock - rock shock, with lockout). travel is 4" and dimensions are 6.5" eye to eye.

My questions are:

1) will any shock that fits the 6.5" dimensions work or do I need to look at other factors?

2) I ride mostly XC trails so I don't need anything with lots of travel, and would prefer something with a handle-bar lockout. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Whoaohohohoh
    You also need to find out the stroke of the shock, as that is important as well. If you go with a longer or shorter stroke then what is currently on the frame you will end up tweaking the geometrey of the bike. Any shock with the right eye to eye and stroke will fit as long as there is no clearance issues with the shock, for example if you got a FOX DHX Air, you would have to figure out if the piggyback would hit anything.

Currently I dont know of any companies that produce a shock with a manual lockout, most have something that resists pedal induced bob, but no actual lever you can flip to lock out the shock.

TNC
    noMAD man
    The Joshua and Trek Y-bikes were basically the same, and I had two of the Treks back in the day which I constantly modified. I tried probably 4-5 different shocks on these bikes. Because of the falling rate of the rear suspension, an air shock works really well on these models. A simple Cane Creek AD12 will work excellently on your Joshua. I had a 6.75 X 1.75 AD10 that worked about the best of anything else I tried. I got a little more travel without raising the rear too much, and ultimately even put a slightly longer travel fork on the front. The whole package worked extremely well. The frame design allows a good deal of room to play with different shocks, and i believe one of the Trek models even came with a funky piggyback air shock at one point.

Lurker
    I also have a joshua 99 and was wondering the same thing. Also is there after market shocks that you can hook up the lock out to ?
    Where the Sidewalk Ends
    "Its not a hobby its a way of life."

mtbr member

I tried just about every shock

on the market at the time (1997) and what worked best for me was a Stratos XC pro 6.5 x 1.5. And it had a bar mounted lockout. It was smoother and more controlled than any of the Cane Creek offerings and near as supple as a coil fox. Jim

Jul 2006
    thanks for the replies all

Members who have read this thread: 0