Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Headshok'r View Post
    Probably for smaller dia shock mount bolt...
    Yes exactly--inner ring bushing for 6mm bolts.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Chris, looking for your thoughts on a kit for a 2018 Orbea Occam AM with DVO Topaz shock...?
    Worthwhile upgrade?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by robmac48 View Post
    Chris, looking for your thoughts on a kit for a 2018 Orbea Occam AM with DVO Topaz shock...?
    Worthwhile upgrade?
    The Occam uses a clevis/yoke to connect to the shock shaft to bearings in the linkage, eliminating rotation inside the eyelet. There is only the slightest movement of the shock body away from the frame at the end of the stroke, so the front does not really require a needle bearing either.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i just got the NBKRWC2185 kit installed, i noticed there is some play between the - inner ring and the bearing. when i pick up my bike from the rear, i can hear/feel some play at the front eye.

the - inner bolt's outer diameter is 21.79mm
    the + inner bolt's outer diameter is 21.85mm, the first 1/2 can fit in the bearing, but starts to bind.
    the ++ inner bolt: i didn't bother measuring cuz it definitely doesn't fit

my yeti sb6 frame's eye length is 21.9mm

i emailed chris again, hopefully has some advice for me.

https://youtu.be/mnavbtKeH2Y
    https://youtu.be/xHhx1sqropA
    https://youtu.be/AK4Wy4gp3IY

if any1 has any advice, i'd greatly appreciate it!. thanks in advance.
    2017 yeti sb6c turq x01 eagle

otb club member
    useport80, when an issue is already being handled by email, please give me time to respond. Today is corporate tax day and a little patience would be appreciated.
    You verified the inner rings are the proper span and when the bolt is tightened they are locked in place. You also verified the "-" tolerance fits inside the bearing a little too easily and the "+" tolerance inner ring is too tight--but just barely. In that case the proper procedure is to run the "-" for a few rides to bed in the needle rollers. Then, the "+" should fit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    useport80, when an issue is already being handled by email, please give me time to respond. Today is corporate tax day and a little patience would be appreciated.
    You verified the inner rings are the proper span and when the bolt is tightened they are locked in place. You also verified the "-" tolerance fits inside the bearing a little too easily and the "+" tolerance inner ring is too tight--but just barely. In that case the proper procedure is to run the "-" for a few rides to bed in the needle rollers. Then, the "+" should fit.
    my apologies, chris. got two rides with the "-" tolerance this weekend.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have an 11/6 and thought it couldn't get better but after installing the bearing the rear is so active and just tracks everything.

I have the - installed and there is some play if I lift my wheel and I can feel it when I ride. The + and ++ don't fit so I sent an email to Chris Sunday night. Monday morning I get a message that a new insert is on its way. Quality product with matching service!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 7four8 View Post
    I have an 11/6 and thought it couldn't get better but after installing the bearing the rear is so active and just tracks everything.

I have the - installed and there is some play if I lift my wheel and I can feel it when I ride. The + and ++ don't fit so I sent an email to Chris Sunday night. Monday morning I get a message that a new insert is on its way. Quality product with matching service!
    Did you find you needed to adjust any of your settings on the 11/6 after installing the bearing kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm going to ride it a few more times and see but its crazy active back there. Will report back

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I use to have to lean on my bike to get the shock to move but now I can initiate it just with my hand pushing the saddle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Amy option for Rocky Mountain instinct 2018 140mm on DPX2 210x55?

This sounds awesome. Not sure why the manufacturers isn't doing this stock?

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Hi Chris,

i have a Canyon spectral 2015 EX7 140mm rear travel with a RS Debonair RT3
    6mm bolt

Is there a bearing for this bike? Want one for the top Rocker mount.

I currently have Offset bushings in both eyelets at the moment can i still use them?

Do i need the tool? or should a bike shop be able to handle it?

Lastly i assume you have no issues with mailing to the UK.

Cheers Thanks David

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfitdave View Post
    Hi Chris, i have a Canyon spectral 2015 EX7 140mm rear travel with a RS Debonair RT3 6mm bolt. Is there a bearing for this bike? Want one for the top Rocker mount. I currently have Offset bushings in both eyelets at the moment can i still use them? Do i need the tool? or should a bike shop be able to handle it? Lastly i assume you have no issues with mailing to the UK. Cheers Thanks David
    Hi, David. Let's start with the offset bushings. If you really want to keep the modified geometry the offsets have provided you with, you won't be able to use needle bearings. The bearings require their own inner rings (axles) that match the hardened bearing steel and have a very specific OD.

If you decided your bushings are just too sticky and you wanted to go the needle bearing route, we would need to know the shock mounting span at the rocker arm (see dimension marked in red below):

Real World Cycling shock needle bearing kit IS AWESOME-strive_rocker.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Thanks chris, yes i'd be happy to lose an offset bushing for a needle bearing.

As i don't have an ruler gauge tool could i alternatively measure the original Bushing instead? It was always flush inside the rocker arm.

Cheers Dave

otb club member
    Thanks chris, yes i'd be happy to lose an offset bushing for a needle bearing.

As i don't have an ruler gauge tool could i alternatively measure the original Bushing instead? It was always flush inside the rocker arm.

Cheers Dave
    Yes, absolutely--either one will do!

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Thanks Chris,

The original bushings are 22.4 with my eye and iPhone app ruler. not as accurate as a calliper gauge!

the offset bushings i have are labeled 22 and they fit fine.

i also came across this post from the earlier page of this thread (quote below), and the 2017 canyon spectral uses the same rocker as the 2015.

So would the NBKRWC2220 kit be what i need?

Also to follow up on the tools, would the a good bike shop be able to install them or is it best to get the tools also as the kit is specific.

UK orders okay?

Happy easter, if i don't hear from you till after no worries.

Cheers Dave

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddy View Post
    Hi Chris,

I have a 2017 Canyon Spectral CF with monarch RT3. My callipers say gap is 22.15. Which is the correct kit please?

And how much does the "-" & "+" options change the overall length?

Thanks, Matt
    Hi, Matt: NBKRWC2220 is the kit you need.

otb club member
    So would the NBKRWC2220 kit be what i need?
    ...would a good bike shop be able to install them or is it best to get the tools also as the kit is specific? UK orders okay?
    Yes, NBKRWC2220 is the correct choice based on your info. If you plan on having a shop do the work, I would expect them to get tools if they don't have them. Yes, we ship the UK. First Class Mail International is a reasonable and dependable option. The only problem we have had is on occasion the postal service at your end will sometimes claim to have notified a customer about a package delivery when, in fact, they have not reached out to the customer in any way. The best way to avoid that is to start using the Royal Mail tracking once the package has crossed the pond. Then you will know exactly which post office the package is at.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    thanks chris look forward to ordering them.

cheers David

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi, What size do I need to order for a Hightower LT w/ DPX2? Both ends? Looking forward to the ugrade! Cheers,

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by dlor View Post
    Hi, What size do I need to order for a Hightower LT w/ DPX2? Both ends? Looking forward to the ugrade! Cheers,
    NBKRWC2185 is the kit you need. We recommend changing the swing link end for the best performance gain. Youíll find the kit here: RWC SHOCK EYE NEEDLE BEARING KITS, 6MM & 8MM. Not much rotation happens at the top tube end of the shock. If you get noise or wear at that end and decide to change it, it would take a second kit of the same size.

We have tools for the job, if needed, on this page: DU Bushing and Needle Bearing Shock Tool

These instructions for the 5010 frame will also apply to yours: RWC SHOCK NEEDLE BEARING INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    NBKRWC2185 is the kit you need. We recommend changing the swing link end for the best performance gain. Youíll find the kit here: RWC SHOCK EYE NEEDLE BEARING KITS, 6MM & 8MM. Not much rotation happens at the top tube end of the shock. If you get noise or wear at that end and decide to change it, it would take a second kit of the same size.

We have tools for the job, if needed, on this page: DU Bushing and Needle Bearing Shock Tool

These instructions for the 5010 frame will also apply to yours: RWC SHOCK NEEDLE BEARING INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    thanks, ordered!

mtbr member
    Not getting on here to bash but my RWC bearing for my Following is still very rough even after months of riding. Initially used the size down to try and wear the bearing race in as suggested by Chris.The smaller size left me with an annoying clunk due to play in the bearing. After riding it like that for a while I was able to go up a size, but the rotation is very rough. At this point not really impressed.
    2016 Evil Following V1
    2016 Dartmoor Primal+

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rngspnr View Post
    Not getting on here to bash but my RWC bearing for my Following is still very rough even after months of riding. Initially used the size down to try and wear the bearing race in as suggested by Chris.The smaller size left me with an annoying clunk due to play in the bearing. After riding it like that for a while I was able to go up a size, but the rotation is very rough. At this point not really impressed.
    You may be interested to know that we now have an inner ring that is in between the "-" tolerance inner and the "+" tolerance inner ring. It's designated as the NBIR21.85ō inner ring. It sounds like that may be just what you need. All you need to do is email me about it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dlor View Post
    thanks, ordered!
    You may be interested to know that we now have an inner ring that is in between the "-" tolerance inner and the "+" tolerance inner ring. It's designated as the NBIR21.85ō inner ring. It sounds like that may be just what you need. All you need to do is email me about it.
    @rngspnr: same exact thing happened to me, but chris@rwc was able to send me the "in-between" ring and it fits PERFECTLY, no knock or sloppiness and also no notchiness.

mtbr member
    Thanks Chris. Sent an email.
    2016 Evil Following V1
    2016 Dartmoor Primal+

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Yes, NBKRWC2220 is the correct choice based on your info. If you plan on having a shop do the work, I would expect them to get tools if they don't have them. Yes, we ship the UK. First Class Mail International is a reasonable and dependable option. The only problem we have had is on occasion the postal service at your end will sometimes claim to have notified a customer about a package delivery when, in fact, they have not reached out to the customer in any way. The best way to avoid that is to start using the Royal Mail tracking once the package has crossed the pond. Then you will know exactly which post office the package is at.
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for all the info. finally installed (which took an easy 30mins with kids bouncing round) and went for a ride yesterday. All so smooth, definite improvement to my bike. great quality to the kit and tools.

Cheers Dave

otb club member
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for all the info. finally installed (which took an easy 30mins with kids bouncing round) and went for a ride yesterday. All so smooth, definite improvement to my bike. great quality to the kit and tools.

Cheers Dave
    Thanks, Dave!

mtbr member
    Just want to say thanks to Chris. Got the 21.85 for my Following fit perfect and spins smooth with no play.
    2016 Evil Following V1
    2016 Dartmoor Primal+

otb club member
    Just want to say thanks to Chris. Got the 21.85 for my Following fit perfect and spins smooth with no play.
    Awesome! Thanks for the follow-up!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Hey Chris, will the 21.85 kit work with a Cane Creek IL coil? Will be going on a SC 5010.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by j.les View Post
    Hey Chris, will the 21.85 kit work with a Cane Creek IL coil? Will be going on a SC 5010.
    Yes. The Inline shocks have 15mm eyelets so they are compatible without modification. Yes, the NBKRWC2185 kit is the right one for the 5010.

mtbr member
    Hey Chris, can you tell me what I need to order for my 2017 Trek Top Fuel 9.8SL? Your kits come highly recommended! Thanks in advance, Colin.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    Hey Chris, can you tell me what I need to order for my 2017 Trek Top Fuel 9.8SL? Your kits come highly recommended! Thanks in advance, Colin.
    Hi, Colin. Thanks for checking with us. I'm 99% sure that if you remove the upper shock bolt, you will find cartridge bearings on each side of the shock (pressed right into the rocker arm). This accomplishes the same thing as needle bearing kit would. As for the lower mount, you frame is full-floater and it would not hurt to have a needle bearing at that end. However, I'm pretty sure the shock is not mounted symmetrically. Take a look and I'll think you'll find that one side of the shock has much longer spacer. We don't have a kit for this offset mounting.

mtbr member
    Hi, Colin. Thanks for checking with us. I'm 99% sure that if you remove the upper shock bolt, you will find cartridge bearings on each side of the shock (pressed right into the rocker arm). This accomplishes the same thing as needle bearing kit would. As for the lower mount, you frame is full-floater and it would not hurt to have a needle bearing at that end. However, I'm pretty sure the shock is not mounted symmetrically. Take a look and I'll think you'll find that one side of the shock has much longer spacer. We don't have a kit for this offset mounting.
    Thanks very much for the honesty, Chris! Talk soon
    2017 Trek Top Fuel 9.8 SL

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Hi Chris, which kit would be suitable for my 2016 Cannondale Habit Carbon 3? Also, I am planning to upgrade to a Fox DPS Performance from the stock RS Monarch RL - would there be a difference as to which kit to purchase?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow4eva View Post
    Hi Chris, which kit would be suitable for my 2016 Cannondale Habit Carbon 3? Also, I am planning to upgrade to a Fox DPS Performance from the stock RS Monarch RL - would there be a difference as to which kit to purchase? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First off, there is no difference between the two shocks as far as kits required. The swing link end requires kit NBKRWC30. This end has significant intra-eyelet rotation. If you have movement/wear at the other end, NBKRWC38 is a match for that mounting span.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    First off, there is no difference between the two shocks as far as kits required. The swing link end requires kit NBKRWC30. This end has significant intra-eyelet rotation. If you have movement/wear at the other end, NBKRWC38 is a match for that mounting span.
    Thanks for the info and prompt response Chris!
    Another question - is it a must to use the tools featured on your site? I am planning to get the new shock installed by the LBS that I am ordering from, but I'm not familiar with the tools used for this procedure, and am worries that the LBS might require additional tools for the installation.

otb club member
    Thanks for the info and prompt response Chris!
    Another question - is it a must to use the tools featured on your site? I am planning to get the new shock installed by the LBS that I am ordering from, but I'm not familiar with the tools used for this procedure, and am worries that the LBS might require additional tools for the installation. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If the shop does not have a guide for the needle bearing (11mm ID), they may deform the bearing cup during installation. I would think a phone call to verify their familiarity with shock needle bearings and enquiring about their having the proper tools would be appropriate.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    If the shop does not have a guide for the needle bearing (11mm ID), they may deform the bearing cup during installation. I would think a phone call to verify their familiarity with shock needle bearings and enquiring about their having the proper tools would be appropriate.
    Alright, noted with thanks! Kudos to maintaining a presence in MTBR and allowing us a secondary method of sending enquiries rather than simply just email-ing, really appreciate your commitment to providing assistance and guidance to potential customers!

otb club member
    Alright, noted with thanks! Kudos to maintaining a presence in MTBR and allowing us a secondary method of sending enquiries rather than simply just email-ing, really appreciate your commitment to providing assistance and guidance to potential customers! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the kind words. Parts are not much without support to go with them.

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Installed the kit for my Diamondback Release 5C / Fox DHX2 coil last night (NBKRWC2220), sadly won't be able to get a ride on it for another 2 weeks. But will follow up when I do to share my feels and thoughts.

Bit of a PSA, be VERY careful when installing\swapping the inner rings as the bearings can fall out quite easily and when one goes, others may follow and they are not generally fun to put back in place. Pro Tip (lol) - Packing in more grease helped hold them in place when putting them back. Luckily I didn't lose any and all is well now.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5C
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Ford View Post
    Bit of a PSA, be VERY careful when installing\swapping the inner rings as the bearings can fall out quite easily and when one goes, others may follow and they are not generally fun to put back in place. Pro Tip (lol) - Packing in more grease helped hold them in place when putting them back. Luckily I didn't lose any and all is well now.
    Yes, as a MAX bearing (no cage) only the surface tension of the grease keeps the needle rollers in place and, if not prepared, one can be surprised and loose a needle roller or two... Likely that's been mentioned previously in this thread, but a reminder is appreciated.

Sconie
    Iíve dug through the thread and checked out the RWC website but havenít run across if there is a part # for a 2016 Trek Top Fuel with RS Monarch XX shock.

Has anyone installed needle bearings on a Top Fuel?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMessy View Post
    Iíve dug through the thread and checked out the RWC website but havenít run across if there is a part # for a 2016 Trek Top Fuel with RS Monarch XX shock.

Has anyone installed needle bearings on a Top Fuel?
    This frame is a full floater and would benefit from kits at both ends of the shock. However, the lower mount is asymmetrical and a very long span, so I don't have anything for that. The upper link is where the most intra-eyelet rotation happens though, and you can change that. However, you will need to take a measurement. I'm estimating a 30mm mounting span, which would mean kit NBKRWC30 is needed. However, you will need to measure the gap inside this upper link to verify the span:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Real World Cycling shock needle bearing kit IS AWESOME-trek_top_fuel_2016.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Chris,

Push just released the 11/6 for the Santa Cruz Nomad. Can you provide the bearing kit and tools needed to install the shock bearings. Thanks!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by erik2k10 View Post
    Chris,

Push just released the 11/6 for the Santa Cruz Nomad. Can you provide the bearing kit and tools needed to install the shock bearings. Thanks!
    Okay, so that would be for the new Nomad 4. Unlike the others, it has a 30mm mounting span where it connects to the rear linkage, so you would need NBKRWC30. I would not change the front mount. The same tools are used as for any other installation: DU Bushing and Needle Bearing Shock Tool

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    First of all, great product! I had the kit installed (Bronson v1 / VPP2) and was able to increase my sag height and shock air pressure to get more support while keeping shock very sensitive. It feels great, especially through high speed sections that normally induce chatter!

Curious - and this is not a criticism - if anyone else is seeing more dropped chains after installing RWC Needle Bearing kit?

Just thought it was funny that I also dropped my chain twice on my first day doing laps through a semi-technical high speed flow section. I've never dropped a chain through there! I have a N/W chainring and Sram X01 clutch rear derailleur.

At first I attributed it to the needle bearing & rear end now being so active that it can change the swingarm direction much more quickly than before.

However, I didn't keep all variables constant, I also got a new carbon wheelset with much tighter degrees of engagement in the rear hub, which could also throw things off as the chainstay length changes quickly ... and the carbons rims are a bit stiffer too, though they seem to be dampening vibrations much better than the old aluminum rims.

In any event I'm probably due for a chain guide/bashguard now ... just curious if anyone else had anything similar happen to them?

All fat, all the time.
    How tight should the bearings press into the top shock eyelet?
    My first try I used a c clamp and it only went 1/2 way in. Lesson learned.
    Bought the proper awesome tool from RWC and 2 new bearings.
    The tool got the new bearing in but I had to crank on it pretty good (threaded rod and nuts) . Sleeve is so tight inside, I don't think it's rotating when the suspension cycles.
    Should I dremel the inside the the eyelet?
    Cane creek db.

All fat, all the time.
    I googled it... apparently the ccdb air is a 14.7mm eyelet. Needs to be reamed to 15mm.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    I googled it... apparently the ccdb air is a 14.7mm eyelet. Needs to be reamed to 15mm.
    Yes, exactly right. We provide that service for $45 (both ends modified, insured shipping back to you).

mtbr member
    Hi,
    long thread here so I may have missed this information already: I just bought a new 2019 Santa Cruz HT LT (size XL). I have a few questions:
    1. I understand I need NBKRWC2185. Do I need any of the +/++ spacers that were discussed here?
    2. Do I need just one or two sets? I understand one of the eyelets might not need replacing?
    Thanks!
    --
    If I work to pay for my rides - then why am I at work right now??

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by amirh1 View Post
    Hi,
    long thread here so I may have missed this information already: I just bought a new 2019 Santa Cruz HT LT (size XL). I have a few questions:
    1. I understand I need NBKRWC2185. Do I need any of the +/++ spacers that were discussed here?
    2. Do I need just one or two sets? I understand one of the eyelets might not need replacing?
    Thanks!
    For Hightower frames, NBKRWC2185 is the kit you need. We recommend changing the swing link end for the best performance gain. Youíll find the kit here: RWC SHOCK EYE NEEDLE BEARING KITS, 6MM & 8MM. Not much rotation happens at the top tube end of the shock. If you get noise or wear at that end and decide to change it, it would take a second kit of the same size.

We have tools for the installation, if needed, on this page: DU Bushing and Needle Bearing Shock Tool

These instructions for the 5010 frame will also apply to yours: RWC SHOCK NEEDLE BEARING INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS . If you look through that guide, youíll have a pretty good idea about what the job entails.

The "-" "+" "++" that you refer to are in regards to the needle bearing "axle" (properly termed the "inner ring" as it's part of the bearing). In the 21.85mm kit, 4 different axles are included with varying outside diameters. This ensures an ideal fit with the needle rollers even though shock eyelet bores vary from shock to shock. Keep the ones you don't use in case you change shocks or the rollers bed in.

We also offer shim kits for frames between standard kit sizes, but that will not apply to your bike.

mtbr member
    @drewBird, can you link to that Evil thread? I'd like to read more reviews before I go for it. Looks like a very positive product but here in this thread there are many that ask questions (like me) but not many that have actually tried long-term.
    Thanks!
    --
    If I work to pay for my rides - then why am I at work right now??

mtbr member
    How long is long term? Just shy of three years on my bike and still working perfectly. The fact that Evil is building trunnion bearings into the top mount of the shock on the new bikes is proof of the needle bearings value. Plus you can rebuild them.

Just do it.
    Function in disaster, finish in style.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by amirh1 View Post
    @drewBird, can you link to that Evil thread? I'd like to read more reviews before I go for it. Looks like a very positive product but here in this thread there are many that ask questions (like me) but not many that have actually tried long-term.
    Thanks!
    Hi,
    Congrats on your new HTLT.... how do you like it?

Running the RWC kit on my lower mount, on a TB3 now (6 months?) and previously TB1.1 AL (2 years give or take).

Go for it.
    Very little maintenance, and spares are very cheap.

Just grease it when you take care of the vpp links/bearings (done twice a year?).
    Greatly improved the sensitivity of both bikes in my case. Kit 2185 is the correct one.

Highly recommended.

Oren

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Is there any benefit on Yeti SB130?

Which bearing set to order?

Thx!

Poslano z mojega VTR-L09 z uporabo Tapatalk

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by mideas View Post
    Is there any benefit on Yeti SB130?

Which bearing set to order?

Thx!

Poslano z mojega VTR-L09 z uporabo Tapatalk
    No, not in this case. The front mount has almost no pivoting happening and the rear mount uses a clevis, which transfers the rotation to linkage bearings. Thanks for checking, though!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I think these bearing kits are awesome. I ordered a few of them to have on hand. Plus the tool to install them works well. Next step for me is to start collecting the frame bearing pullers/presses.
    Intense 951 Evo and Intense Carbine 29

just ride
    Oct 2006
    Needle bearing size for 2013 Santa Cruz Blur TRC please. Thank you.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjay View Post
    Needle bearing size for 2013 Santa Cruz Blur TRC please. Thank you.
    Hey, Tjay. NBKRWC2185 for the swing link end of the shock. I would not change the front mount. There is not enough rotation inside the eyelet to justify it.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Manitou Mcleod on a Bronson v1.

I removed the plastic parts of the rear bushing (I believe I bought Rockshox rear mounting kit at first).

Replacing them with the RWC kit 2185. Took the Rockshox hardware out, but am left with this metal ring still. Looks like some sort of orange film inside still.

Do I remove this as well? Or is it part of the shock?Real World Cycling shock needle bearing kit IS AWESOME-img_5042.jpgReal World Cycling shock needle bearing kit IS AWESOME-img_5041.jpg

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
    Manitou Mcleod on a Bronson v1.

I removed the plastic parts of the rear bushing (I believe I bought Rockshox rear mounting kit at first).

Replacing them with the RWC kit 2185. Took the Rockshox hardware out, but am left with this metal ring still. Looks like some sort of orange film inside still.

Do I remove this as well? Or is it part of the shock?
    That is the actual bushing that you are replacing with a needle bearing, so, yes--it must be removed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Hi - Do you have a roller kit that will work in the Mondraker Foxy 29 Carbon (bottom link)?

There's lots of rotation in that link - and I'm flogging out bushings in a matter of weeks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    @Chris2fur, which kit do I need for Specialized Enduro 2017-2018 upper bearing?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by linclinc View Post
    Hi - Do you have a roller kit that will work in the Mondraker Foxy 29 Carbon (bottom link)?

There's lots of rotation in that link - and I'm flogging out bushings in a matter of weeks.
    I'm not surprised it's eating bushings. That much friction is affecting your ride performance as well. As you may know, we have a kit for the older Mondraker shock bolt style that had an 10mm shank with 8mm threads. That wasn't too hard to adapt. Itís a bit more complex now that the shank and the threaded end are both 10mm. We still have a lot of the Summum and Durham needle bearing kits kits in stock. I'd be more excited about another custom Mondraker kit if our first had fared better. Frankly, it would great if bike manufacturers would just stick with 8mm bolts!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianpaul007 View Post
    @Chris2fur, which kit do I need for Specialized Enduro 2017-2018 upper bearing?
    NBKRWC2185 is the kit you would need for the front end. Normally we don't recommend for the front mount, but we have had reports of bushing wear and noise on that frame that have been cured with the bearing kit. Are you experiencing similar issues?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Hi Chris, any recommendation for Polygon Siskiu N9?

otb club member
    Hi Chris, any recommendation for Polygon Siskiu N9?

The Siskiu N9 has a trunnion mount on the rear so it's already riding on bearings. ...unless the front mount has a lot of rotation. That's highly unlikely.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    The Siskiu N9 has a trunnion mount on the rear so it's already riding on bearings. ...unless the front mount has a lot of rotation. That's highly unlikely.
    Yeah, I figured as much. Thanks for answering!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Chris, any chances to get a needle bearing kit for the brand new commencal clash ?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlo489 View Post
    Chris, any chances to get a needle bearing kit for the brand new commencal clash ?
    Looks like 20x10 rear, which is the end of the shock we would be concerned with. The 10mm bolt is a problem. However, the hardware looks simple and we may be able to adapt it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Looking for part # for the needle bearing kit for a 2017 santa cruz bronson, I am running a 2018 fox x2 do you recommend just doing the lower mount?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
    Looking for part # for the needle bearing kit for a 2017 santa cruz bronson, I am running a 2018 fox x2 do you recommend just doing the lower mount?
    So we are talking Bronson 2 with the shock still up high, right? If so, just lower mount (at swing link) kit NBKRWC2185.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    So we are talking Bronson 2 with the shock still up high, right? If so, just lower mount (at swing link) kit NBKRWC2185.
    cool thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Any benefit on a 2019 Stumpjumper EVO? Would only be the top mount. Which kit is appropriate. Thanks.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
    cool thanks!!!
    You're welcome. Just a reminder to everyone: There are only two places to get the complete kit (vs. knockoff p.o.s.): directly at our website and some sizes at Fanatik Bike.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345