Pushed Monarch Shocks No More?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Pushed Monarch Shocks No More?

Does anyone know if Push is still selling the Monarch shocks or servicing the Monarch shocks? It doesn't look like it on their website. I tried to email them a few days ago and I haven't got a response yet so I thought maybe someone here might have some info.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    This seems to be the primary problem with Push, when they do offer something that is popular or in demand, MX tune for example they never have it in stock. Or when they start providing a service like the monarch shocks they quickly stop. Push needs to get its game together, decide on a business direction and work on actually executing it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Eh. I hope not. I was planning on getting my Monarch RC3 Plus pushed this winter...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Seems to be working for me...

Push Industries - RockShox Monarch RT3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Guy View Post
    Seems to be working for me...

Push Industries - RockShox Monarch RT3
    That is an old web-link. If you go to the main push site, you will see the rock shox stuff is gone. In another thread someone mentioned that they are having stock issues and it will be 4-6 weeks before they can do Rock Shox stuff again...

mtbr member
    I was told they won't even service them. I have an RC3 plus for my Enduro, $600.00 shock that is worthless now. I'll never buy from Push again if they won't back the items they sell.
    Mayo Clinic Phx. Kidney TX 06-20-2019

aka dan51
    Maybe there is just a coding error on the website and things aren't displaying properly...I hope.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by d-bug View Post
    Maybe there is just a coding error on the website and things aren't displaying properly...I hope.
    No. Have a friend that emailed me today. He called and they said the following.

They don't work on them any more. Took them off the site, service and sales. I even called to check. They won't even service what they converted, unless it's a straight up warranty issue. He wouldn't get into it, just told me I could do the service myself if needed.

mtbr member
    Well glad I waited on switching out the RP23 on my Tracer...

mtbr member
    wow, and i thought i was sorta by myself in the push/bad service thing.

will wait and see what push says?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dberndt View Post
    This seems to be the primary problem with Push, when they do offer something that is popular or in demand, MX tune for example they never have it in stock. Or when they start providing a service like the monarch shocks they quickly stop. Push needs to get its game together, decide on a business direction and work on actually executing it.
    Don't even get me started on the MX tune. The MX Tune being out of stock for almost a year is why I looked into maybe getting a Pushed Monarch Plus. Now the Monarch stuff is in question as well. I was told 4 times that the MX Tune is two or three months out. It just doesn't seem cool to keep telling a customer something 2, 3, 4 times. I like their products but there comes a point where you have to wonder what's up.

Paper or plastic?
    Maybe SRAM won't let them sell the shocks. Seems weird though.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Maybe SRAM won't let them sell the shocks. Seems weird though.
    I could understand no new sales. But not servicing your loyal customers products is just crappy.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    I could understand no new sales. But not servicing your loyal customers products is just crappy.
    Agreed. I got a push Monarch shock and that's pretty disappointing.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Agreed. I got a push Monarch shock and that's pretty disappointing.
    Just got this response from Push through their Facebook page.

Tim, we will be supporting all Monarch shocks that have been through our facility. No worries.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    The next thing you might see is a pushed x-fusion?

mtbr member
    So, to clear up the confusion.

First, any Monarch that has been sold by us or serviced by us will continue to be fully supported by PUSH. This includes regular maintenance, additional tuning, warranty service, etc. If you are a previous Monarch customer and need assistance just contact us through email or phone and we'll be happy to help you.

Second, you have to understand that sometimes things outside of our control limit what we can make available. The large majority of our business relies on product and part supply from the suspension manufacturers.

Lastly, things like the MX-Tune have been both a significant embarrassment as well as a large loss in income. Two things that business owners never want. Selling complete suspension units proved to be a much more difficult task than we had anticipated and distracted heavily from our core business which is tuning and service. At this time we have decided to make an extremely focused effort back on our core business.....tuning and service. It's not to say that we won't offer possible complete suspension unit sales in the future, but we surely won't be doing it until our core business is sorted, and our tuning line is solid again.

Darren
    PUSH Industries

moaaar shimz
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND View Post

First, any Monarch that has been sold by us or serviced by us will continue to be fully supported by PUSH. This includes regular maintenance, additional tuning, warranty service, etc. If you are a previous Monarch customer and need assistance just contact us through email or phone and we'll be happy to help you.

Second, you have to understand that sometimes things outside of our control limit what we can make available. The large majority of our business relies on product and part supply from the suspension manufacturers.

Lastly, things like the MX-Tune have been both a significant embarrassment as well as a large loss in income. Two things that business owners never want. Selling complete suspension units proved to be a much more difficult task than we had anticipated and distracted heavily from our core business which is tuning and service. At this time we have decided to make an extremely focused effort back on our core business.....tuning and service. It's not to say that we won't offer possible complete suspension unit sales in the future, but we surely won't be doing it until our core business is sorted, and our tuning line is solid again.

Darren
    PUSH Industries
    Solid decision Darren.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Darren
    PUSH Industries
    In that case, what about tuning/servicing Rockshox air shocks?

mtbr member
    I just sneaked under the wire then, just got my Monarch Plus RC3 back from Push 2 weeks ago and loving it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonylokrn View Post
    this ?

mtbr member
    curious about this as well as i thought PUSH had announced they would be offering tuning for the OEM and aftermarket monarch line. if they are having issues getting shock bodies from SRAM, hopefully that has nothing to do with their decision to create custom internals for existing shocks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Produce a PUSH shock! Big S did it.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by mtboz View Post
    That is not a fair comparison.

Specialized does not make their own shocks. They got them made somewhere else and would not sell their units to anyone else aftermarket.

A fair comparison would be Avalanche who does make shocks and a few aftermaket tuning kits.

But yeah, they should sell Push-shocks. Though, it's not their core biz as Darren mentioned. Their core biz is tuning. So producing their own shock would be a major undertaking.
    Check my Site

Outcast
    , things like the MX-Tune have been both a significant embarrassment as well as a large loss in income.
    Darren
    PUSH Industries
    I'm sorry to hear that Darren. It was the best shock you ever built for me. Unfortunetly, I sold it, and two other shocks, to fund my purchase of two Monarch shocks from you, which, as you know, have gone down the drain. We all lose.

I guess the machining centers won't be as back-logged as they were previously. Or does the moto bussiness fill that "gap"
    Last edited by Renegade; 04-25-2012 at 05:26 PM.

mtbr member
    i talked to PUSH today about some other things and asked about this - no go for the foreseeable future is what i was told. bummed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    i talked to PUSH today about some other things and asked about this - no go for the foreseeable future is what i was told. bummed.
    Wow that's a shame. Funny that I purchased the RC3 Plus based on Darren mentioning great things about the Monarch compared to a RP23.

Luckly I am quite happy with the low tune on my Mojo.

mtbr member
    Wow that's a shame. Funny that I purchased the RC3 Plus based on Darren mentioning great things about the Monarch compared to a RP23.
    yep - i purchased my RT-AM based on talking with darren and being told what a great product the monarch line was and what a great relationship PUSH and SRAM had, that SRAM was fully on board with PUSH essentially building a custom shock using the monarch chassis. it's unfortunate supply couldn't be met.

i'm glad to see them re-focusing on their core business, something it seems should have maybe happened when product availability started having issues over a year ago. unfortunately for the consumer, now it's at the cost of a product that was by every account i've heard of, very successful and and a great performer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Darren
    PUSH Industries
    I should have waited and gone with a Cane Creek DB Air instead on the Monarch Plus recently purchased from Push. While I'm happy with the shock I'm dissapointed to read this as I have had several Pushed Monarch shocks from you.

mtbr member
    Once we have a handle on some of our other products that were in line first.

I'm sorry to hear that Darren. It was the best shock you ever built for me. Unfortunetly, I sold it, and two other shocks, to fund my purchase of two Monarch shocks from you, which, as you know, have gone down the drain. We all lose.

I guess the machining centers won't be as back-logged as they were previously. Or does the moto bussiness fill that "gap"
    We don't machine moto parts, just MTB stuff at this point.

Quoting lead times has got us in a lot of trouble in the past. At this point we won't be doing any product announcements until it's ready to go.

yep - i purchased my RT-AM based on talking with darren and being told what a great product the monarch line was and what a great relationship PUSH and SRAM had, that SRAM was fully on board with PUSH essentially building a custom shock using the monarch chassis. it's unfortunate supply couldn't be met.
    I should have waited and gone with a Cane Creek DB Air instead on the Monarch Plus recently purchased from Push. While I'm happy with the shock I'm dissapointed to read this as I have had several Pushed Monarch shocks from you.
    Those of you who have Monarch shocks shouldn't be disappointed. It's a really ripping shock! The fact that you're happy with it should be a testament to this. Again, trailbrain if you need any assistance we're still offering full support of the product. We're not abandoning the product.

Decisions like this are very difficult and we fully understood the problems that would arise from it. At the end of the day we need to do a better job of servicing our customers and at this point that means stepping back, slowing down, and focusing on closing up the loose ends.

Darren

mtbr member
    Those of you who have Monarch shocks shouldn't be disappointed. It's a really ripping shock! The fact that you're happy with it should be a testament to this. Again, trailbrain if you need any assistance we're still offering full support of the product. We're not abandoning the product.
    trust me darren, i'm more than happy with my RT-AM, just bummed i may not be able to get another one if i happen to move to a different frame.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Decisions like this are very difficult and we fully understood the problems that would arise from it. At the end of the day we need to do a better job of servicing our customers and at this point that means stepping back, slowing down, and focusing on closing up the loose ends.

Darren
    Good to know I'll still be able to get service on it and retuning if necessary. Thanks for responding Darren.

I quit e-MTBR
    The way Push just explained it to me, they've concluded that there's a defect (use of anodizing that is not hardcoated on the inside of the air can) with the shocks. They lose their seal and get stuck down. At least with some 2011 Monarch RT3s, I have no idea beyond that, but one can speculate based on Push's response. Their solution was buying a pile of new, uncoated aircans from RS and having them anodized properly, so that they can make good on the shocks they've already sold/serviced.

So, from Push's perspective, the shocks have a problem that Push didn't cause and Push can't fix without major surgery that goes way beyond a normal tune. Assuming they're correct about that, I can understand why their response is to just stop selling and servicing the problem shocks.

As I just said in the other thread, it seems odd that there aren't a million angry Monarch owners out there all posting about the same problem, if Push is right that this is a defect with the stock shocks, not with anything Push did. But I think Push would be crazy to lie about this, so I accept what they're telling me.

mtbr member
    The air can issue appears to be isolated, hence why we didn't run into this earlier. We have a fix and will be swapping out customers with an issue.

Darren

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManBike View Post
    The way Push just explained it to me, they've concluded that there's a defect (use of anodizing that is not hardcoated on the inside of the air can) with the shocks. They lose their seal and get stuck down. At least with some 2011 Monarch RT3s, I have no idea beyond that, but one can speculate based on Push's response. Their solution was buying a pile of new, uncoated aircans from RS and having them anodized properly, so that they can make good on the shocks they've already sold/serviced.
    This makes sense to me. I had my shock in for a re-tune a few weeks ago and it was being delayed. In speaking with Darren he asked if I needed it now or if I could wait until they got a new part in (assuming now that the part was the can). I couldn't wait, but he mentioned they would be able to send me the new part and I could install the part myself. I asked if it's as easy and taking off the air can and putting it back on. The answer was yes, but he didn't go into further detail.

I have noticed the shock seems a little sucked down since I got it. Maybe 5% of total travel. This is confirmed when I tried to tighten a suspension bolt on my Mojo last weekend. The bolt is usually accessible with a 5mm allen wrench, but now the suspension is compressed just enough to prevent access to that bolt. I had to remove the shock from the bike in order to access the bolt. Not a big deal, but now it makes sense as to WHY I had to do that.

I Love my Rize

Bonking ... not feelin' well I'm gonna cry

I recently purchased a Monarch RT/AM for my Rize and all I can say is I'm in love At least I will not be abandoned. What they did to that Monarch is magical. I was going to buy one for my brothers Rize also...dam I shouldn't have waited I can only hope that they get back to at least custom tuning the Monarch as the PUSHED Monarch is the new rockstar. It's like crack totally addicting once you ride one. Oh woe is me if we only had the perfect world. Vote for me and I promise a PUSHED Monarch for every bike
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

Outcast
    Darren, I hope you pick up tuning the rockshox line again soon. The stock 7.5 by 2 RC3 plus I got for the spot in replacement for what you were going to build me is a constipated short shock, and needs work.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    The air can issue appears to be isolated, hence why we didn't run into this earlier. We have a fix and will be swapping out customers with an issue.

Darren
    You seem to be on top of things, mine's not Pushed but it sure looks like that my RT3 has issues of either kind, doesn't it? LBS had no clue, they were happy it didn't leak over night and felt "ok" when cycling it by hand.

60psi.jpg is a depressurized shock pumped up to 60psi, nothing else.
    250psi.jpg, I pumped to 200psi, tested sag, got 35%, pumped to 250psi, tested sag and 5-6% stuck, that's not right is it?

I need something solid to hand to them so I can get it serviced or replaced.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sox314 View Post
    You seem to be on top of things, mine's not Pushed but it sure looks like that my RT3 has issues of either kind, doesn't it? LBS had no clue, they were happy it didn't leak over night and felt "ok" when cycling it by hand.

250psi.jpg, I pumped to 200psi, tested sag, got 35%, pumped to 250psi, tested sag and 5-6% stuck, that's not right is it?

my PUSH RT-AM does the same thing. it's never dropped below where the 5% sag gradient would be just like in your pics and rides great. i've always just assumed it was the + and - chamber equalizing and the sag gradients may not be 100% spot on. if darren doesn't chime in i'll have to give them a call.

SS Pusher Man

Tell your LBS to contact SRAM....they aware of this problem. I have already had 2 replaced under warranty. And after a trip next month, I will be submitting my 3rd one.

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspen...ch-699493.html
    Last edited by mtnbikej; 04-27-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    Bicycles donít have motors or batteries.:nono:

Ebikes are not bicycles :nono:

"El Whatever"

Sorry to derail the thread, but mine did that thing once. Mine is a old 4.2.

Same issue as yours. I just pumped the shock until it extended to full extension again and VERY slowly depressurized the shock through the bleed of the pump.

After that I just reinflated and it didn't made that thing again. Just the same, I serviced the air canister just for kicks and try to keep it well lubed.

When it did that, I was tyring a thick gear oil. After the service, I just used fork oil.
    Check my Site

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004

Discontinued RS rear shock service !

Sorry to hear.....my PUSHed RT3 has been an excellent shock for my DW Sultan ! On a side note , I hope to see PUSH service for the Fox 34 in the near future ! TIG.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtboz View Post
    Darren was Romic before he was PUSH.
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz, Mech Engineer, Tuner, Manitou, Motorex, Vorsprung EPTC, SKF, Enduro
    www.dougal.co.nz

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    anyone get their updated, hard anodized aircan monarch back from PUSH yet?
    Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

I quit e-MTBR
    Quote Originally Posted by cjn1014 View Post
    Shipped, not yet received.

mtbr member
    I was told to check back next week as they were expecting a large batch of cans to be ready to ship out to customers then.

mtbr member
    Darren was Romic before he was PUSH.
    Just to clarify, Romic was a company that I worked at for a short stint. PUSH is a company that I started and own.

I was told to check back next week as they were expecting a large batch of cans to be ready to ship out to customers then.
    We actually received our bulk cans last week and have been building shocks on a first come first serve basis. If your shock is in house currently, expect it to be shipped out in the coming days.

Darren

mtbr member
    We actually received our bulk cans last week and have been building shocks on a first come first serve basis. If your shock is in house currently, expect it to be shipped out in the coming days.

Darren
    i'll give a call in a bit - i was told i didn't need to send my shock in, that you guys would just send out a replacement can.

mtbr member

Pushed Monarchs For Sale Again Soon?

Darren

Does this mean that Pushed Monarch shocks will be available for sale again in the near future?

mtbr member
    i'll give a call in a bit - i was told i didn't need to send my shock in, that you guys would just send out a replacement can.
    At this point we're getting in all of the effected shocks to due a complete inspection to ensure that we resolve any/all known issues with the shock. If you have an effected shock get in touch with [email protected] and we'll get you setup.

Does this mean that Pushed Monarch shocks will be available for sale again in the near future?
    We will be selling some of the inventory that we have in stock. They will be shipping with the new air can. We do have limited supply at this point, but if you're interested you should also hit up [email protected]. Full scale sales of this type of product won't begin again until all of our service/tuning products are operating at 100%.

Darren

mtbr member
    How long until the MX tune is available again

mtbr member
    So with PUSH no longer doing tunes for stock Monarchs who is the next best to send a shock out for tuning?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Did you find out anything else about this? I have a pushed Monarch Plus (from the newly anodized can batch) that is also 5-6% stuck.

mtbr member
    Did you find out anything else about this? I have a pushed Monarch Plus (from the newly anodized can batch) that is also 5-6% stuck.
    The shock is supposed to stay compressed a few percent. This is the negative spring equalizing allowing the shock to "float" slightly under the full topped out position. Both FOX, and the new generation RS Monarch shocks share this feature. Because the FOX FLOAT shocks don't have a gradient mark, riders don't visually see this happening even though it is. If a shock is truly "stuck down", it will require excessive pressure and frequent air pressure top off's in order to work.

Darren

mtbr member
    Thought I'd throw this out there. Mail-in and local MTB suspension and brake service | Shockspital has a great reputation here in the Midwest. I've read many happy reviews of the work down by them on the MORC forums...So if PUSH can't meet your needs, perhaps Brian Rose and his crew can help you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bmmh View Post
    Yep as darren also said it's supposed to be like that. Mine (stock RT3, LM tune) however didn't reach appropriate sag even with maximum air pressure so it got serviced and works much better now. A regular service and "fixed air swap" whatever that is made the difference.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The shock is supposed to stay compressed a few percent. This is the negative spring equalizing allowing the shock to "float" slightly under the full topped out position. Both FOX, and the new generation RS Monarch shocks share this feature. Because the FOX FLOAT shocks don't have a gradient mark, riders don't visually see this happening even though it is. If a shock is truly "stuck down", it will require excessive pressure and frequent air pressure top off's in order to work.

Darren
    Thanks Darren. The float is using about 2.5mm. So if I am shooting for 15mm of sag, would you recommend setting 15mm more beyond this 2.5mm or just another 12.5mm which is 15mm sag from the full topped out position?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bmmh View Post
    Thanks Darren. The float is using about 2.5mm. So if I am shooting for 15mm of sag, would you recommend setting 15mm more beyond this 2.5mm or just another 12.5mm which is 15mm sag from the full topped out position?
    The X % sag is a suggested starting point. Your frame's leverage ratio, your weight, riding style, etc will all be variables. Try a few different settings and see what works for you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    The X % sag is a suggested starting point. Your frame's leverage ratio, your weight, riding style, etc will all be variables. Try a few different settings and see what works for you.
    Yeah, since I ended up dialing in my preferred shock pressure for the frame over the course of several rides it is now moot. But for the sake of curiosity, I still wonder if the ~2.5mm of "float" Darren talks about should be added to the sag measurement.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Does a Pushed RP23 work as well as a Pushed Monarch Plus?

Save Jesus
    Back when push was pushing monarchs, they claimed that the monarch was better.

mtbr member
    My buddy just got a Monarch RC3 pushed last week. Pretty sure he did not buy it that way.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beanbag View Post
    Back when push was pushing monarchs, they claimed that the monarch was better.
    a lot of people say the monarch is better. the problem seems to be that the QC was not. That lines up with my personal experience of RS products.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smellurfingers View Post
    Does a Pushed RP23 work as well as a Pushed Monarch Plus?
    The Monarch RC3+ is in a very different league than a Fox RP23. The Monarch RT3 would be a much better comparison to the Fox RP23.
    Maintain internal heights.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    EBay has a bunch of.monarch rt3 for around $200. I'm thinking about replacing my giant air-r shock on my trance x with one. I have a fox fork which is nice. Would like an upgrade in the rear.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Garageworks

I was bummed that push wasn't tuning the monarch anymore. I just sent my RT3 to Garageworks in Oceanside for a tune.

Members who have read this thread: 0