push or not to push- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

push or not to push

I am thinking about sending off my fork. who has done it and what have you thought of it?

mtbr member
    What fork, and how long have you had it? I have a talas fork that I sent in last winter. I'd ridden it for 2 years, and it badly needed the talas factory rebuild, so it made sense to go the whole way and send it to push for their service. I needed to upgrade to the rlc topcap (I started with an rl). I'm happy with it. But it's definitely expensive. I'd say it was right on the border of worth it/not worth it for me. I do think that the fork tracks better than it did before, but after riding it for a few months, it's kind of hard for me to remember what it was like to begin with.

mtbr member
    it is an 80X i have had it about a year or so now. I would send it back to Fox for warranty but i bought it online and dont feel like messing around with them on that.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by ibismojo
    it is an 80X i have had it about a year or so now. I would send it back to Fox for warranty but i bought it online and dont feel like messing around with them on that.

Call up Push and talk to Darren or Jimmy about what to do. If you don't go for the treatment, they can service it a lot quicker than Fox can.

I think that fork with Push treatment was reviewed in MBA a month or two ago.

Give them a holler, they will take care of you.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    I emailed them and got a reply from Darren about the turn around time. Only 3 to 5 days and that is for the complete treatment.

I have heard people complain about Fox forks leaking and mine decided it wanted to bust a seal, which in turn caused the terra-logic to stop working on it. I was going to race it this weekend but i guess i will have to use the hardtail.

mtbr member

Good job!

PUSH it!!!

I had my F100RLC(Float) and Float AVA RL both given the full PUSH treatment. Holy mackeral, better than new. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke

mtbr member
    Well i sent it off today! I decided the heck with it, if this does not make it last longer and perform better than the stock setup then i will have to just go to a different fork.

But i cant wait so far everything i have seen about push and the work they do has been very good.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Well i sent it off today! I decided the heck with it, if this does not make it last longer and perform better than the stock setup then i will have to just go to a different fork.

But i cant wait so far everything i have seen about push and the work they do has been very good.

Let us know!
    06' Gary Fisher Cake 2dlx with Azonic MTN X Pedals
    06' Giant Reign 2 with Wellgo MG-1 Pedals

mtbr member
    i sure will. I hope i get a chance to get some good ride time on it before the race.

i am sure that when my rp3 takes a turn for the worst i will send it off them as well.

IFSDlxSS IFTiFLWMtb GFAdv

Push'd '05 F80x

Got my '05 F80X back from PUSH about 2 weeks ago. All I can say is that you can't take me off my hardtail! It's amazing what Darren and his crew have done to my fork! I too, purchased my fork on line and didn't want to deal with Fox's CS department.

As a matter of fact, I purchased the F80X with the intention of sending it to PUSH. After a few emails back and forth between me and Darren, I was ready to send the fork to have some PUSH magic worked into it.

You can now pounce on the bars and the fork remains locked out solid as a rock. The minute you encounter any little bumps or obstacles on the ground, however the fork responds. The biggest difference from stock is that you don't even feel the transition from locked out to plush. In addition to this, the seals PUSH replaces your fork with are as exact as you can get. There is absolutely no play between the sliders and the seals. It's like you're riding a brand new F80X only BETTER! PUSH have tuned my terralogic cartridge perfectly.

I have heard the 2007 terralogic forks are much improved in the cartridge tuning department. I need to see it and ride it to believe it. Right now, you can't beat the performance and customer service at PUSH Industries.

Thank you, Darren and the crew at PUSH Industries.

Members who have read this thread: 0