push float r vs 5th coil for heckler?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

push float r vs 5th coil for heckler?

i'm trying to lose weight on heckler but like the ride with 5th coil, anyone have any experience with these, is pushed float any good on heckler, weight saving would be pretty good, 700g

Old man on a bike
    And since Progressive has abandoned their mtn bike shock efforts, a switch to Fox may have other benefits down the line...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aye-aye
    i'm trying to lose weight on heckler but like the ride with 5th coil, anyone have any experience with these, is pushed float any good on heckler, weight saving would be pretty good, 700g
    Hmmm, hard decision. I too liked the 5th coil, though if I kept my Heckler I would have eventually switched to a DHX coil. My only hesitation with the float is the lack of bottoming control. On a falling rate design like the Heckler I think having adjustable progressive compression dampening is key. I know that an air shock is more progressive in spring rate by nature than a coil, but I think the falling spring rate coupled with the progressive compression dampening is a major factor as to why the Heckler feels the way it does. I'm not saying it would be better or worse, but going to a Float would be a very different feel.

Also, do they make a Float in a 2.25" stroke?

mtbr member
    I do not think they make the float in 2.25 so you would be losing 0.6 in of travel and your frame would feel completely diferent. You can get a DHX air in 2.25 stroke that would save the weight and keep your travel where it is now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

2.25 float mod

fox dont make a 2.25 float but Push do a 2.25 stroke mod for it apparently.
    DHX air is an option but i'm not sure if it will fit into my medium 05 heckler frame, and for only about 150-200 grams more i could have a DHX coil with ti spring, perfect, but mojo (uk fox importers) dont do ti springs in that length. boo hoo

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Fox does make a 7.875 X 2.25" Float/RP3

Hecklers and Blur LTs use the 7.875" x 2.25" Fox air shocks, OEM only though.
    You might be able to pick one up in classifieds, ebay, etc.
    They also only offer this size with the high volume air sleeve.

Members who have read this thread: 0