Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)

The 2020 Push 11.6 has been released!

Have a look at whatís new. Do you fancy one?

https://www.pushindustries.com/colle...ucts/elevensix

Out spokin'

Isnít this v3? I thought the side stack model was v2.
    =sParty

P.S. Still happy with my olí steam punk v1 11.6.
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    - NEW HD model featuring Melonite QPQ high strength steel shaft

- NEW Micro model features lightweight compact design (Evil Offering)

- NEW Patented Dual Overhead Compression Valve System with increased range

- NEW 4 Port symmetrical Progressive Damping Piston

- NEW Independent Hydraulic Bottom Out Piston

- NEW Motorsport grade spherical bearing eyelet mounts

- NEW High-Volume Low-Pressure Reservoir System (90psi)

- NEW HYBRID HYPERCOIL PROGRESSIVE SPRING SYSTEM

mtbr member
    v3, isn't it? v2 was the microXD coating, higher-volume reservoir, and new piston design in 2017.

My local bike shop is sending mine back right now for a yearly service. I wonder what it'd cost to turn it into a v3?

EDIT - the progressive spring system is neither new nor a progressive spring. It's the same spring design and bottom-out bumper as before, and not marked as new on their site...

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post

Isnít this v3? I thought the side stack model was v2.
    =sParty

P.S. Still happy with my olí steam punk v1 11.6.
    But that was essentially the same shock right? Just a different form factor? No improvements over the previous one like this one. It would have been easier to call it something else, but hey ... unless we are told differently, thatís the 2020 v2 LOL :-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by tbmaddux View Post
    v3, isn't it? v2 was the microXD coating, higher-volume reservoir, and new piston design in 2017.

My local bike shop is sending mine back right now for a yearly service. I wonder what it'd cost to turn it into a v3?
    Maybe, letís wait for the official press release

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by digev View Post
    Cool. I've read that their blacksmithing skills are next level.

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)-mennonites.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2015
    https://singletrackworld.com/2020/03...-and-revealed/

Interesting

E-MTB Specific
    With the ebike market being so important, we shouldnít be surprised that PUSH is looking to make in-roads here too. Hereís what they have to say about that:

ĎBuilding on the ELEVENSIX HD package, the new E-MTB specific ELEVENSIX model shocks feature a Melonite QPQ high strength steel shaft, motorsport grade spherical mounts, along with compression and rebound damping characteristics specifically tailored to E-MTBs. These specific tunes provide unmatched small bump sensitivity and traction while supporting the extra mass of the frame with a bottomless feel on the trail.Ď

Elevensix Micro
    Now, this is a bit interesting:

ĎLaunching exclusively on the Evil Following, the new ELEVENSIX Micro brings the most advanced coil technology to the short travel trail rider. This specific package provides all the same features found in the standard ELEVENSIX, but in a more compact and lightweight design. ELEVENSIX Micro brings traction and big hit control providing an unprecedented experience on a bike with less than 125mm of travel.Ď

As Andi noted the other day, we reckon thereís a new Evil Following coming, and this is surely confirmation. Thereís no PUSH equipped Evil Following on the Evil website now. Watch this space?

mtbr member
    Looks very cool. Hydraulic bottom out.... sounds similar to EXT.... but I do like the idea. It makes sense to me. Progressive spring is also a good idea. I guess its all in aid of giving more airshock style ramp up for more linea suspension designs.

Spherical rollers. No sure im sold on this idea. Shocks typically dont havewant side movement. So why the need to for spherical? I'm interested to see what push say on the subject.

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by plummet View Post
    Looks very cool. Hydraulic bottom out.... sounds similar to EXT.... but I do like the idea. It makes sense to me. Progressive spring is also a good idea. I guess its all in aid of giving more airshock style ramp up for more linea suspension designs.

Spherical rollers. No sure im sold on this idea. Shocks typically dont havewant side movement. So why the need to for spherical? I'm interested to see what push say on the subject.
    Actually, lateral frame forces on the shock create significant binding. Spherical bearings are a huge step forward.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel View Post
    Actually, lateral frame forces on the shock create significant binding. Spherical bearings are a huge step forward.
    Yes itís very good! Thatís why EXT has them on the STORIA. It seems theyíve inspired ... thatís great!

mtbr member
    I didn't know the Mennonites made steel. Good on Darren for sourcing locally.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    May 2015

Actually they do. Compared to a fork that is just up and down (although there are still lateral forces), the way a shock moves you can clearly see there's going to be some lateral forces.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Cool. I've read that their blacksmithing skills are next level.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mennonites.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	486.6 KB 
ID:	1316837
    Name:  2888c1d7a39b8201269253ff3a262c24.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  16.1 KB

mtbr member

- NEW Micro model features lightweight compact design (Evil Offering)

- NEW Patented Dual Overhead Compression Valve System with increased range

- NEW 4 Port symmetrical Progressive Damping Piston

- NEW Independent Hydraulic Bottom Out Piston

- NEW Motorsport grade spherical bearing eyelet mounts

- NEW High-Volume Low-Pressure Reservoir System (90psi)

- NEW HYBRID HYPERCOIL PROGRESSIVE SPRING SYSTEM
    I think you meant Evil Following? The micro is meant for bikes with less than 125mm of travel correct?

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    I think you meant Evil Following? The micro is meant for bikes with less than 125mm of travel correct?
    Itís a Copy/Paste from the website.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Looks sweet! I dig the hydraulic bottom out and spherical bearings. Still not a huge fan of having two compression circuits. I think I'd prefer an infinitely adjustable climb switch that adds low speed compression and rebound damping like the Cane Creek shocks.

I'm guessing the bottom out circuit is not externally adjustable?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
    Actually they do. Compared to a fork that is just up and down (although there are still lateral forces), the way a shock moves you can clearly see there's going to be some lateral forces.
    I'd imagine that heim is going to extend the service life on poorly designed frames...

mtbr member
    The website has been updated....not sure what happened there but you are correct that it's for the Following.

Darren

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND View Post
    The website has been updated....not sure what happened there but you are correct that it's for the Following.

Darren
    Well I want one anyway! Oh wait, I have an Offering.

Kudos for continuing to innovate!

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Yes itís very good! Thatís why EXT has them on the STORIA. It seems theyíve inspired ... thatís great!
    EXT only uses it in version for G1 frame, for others maybe on request, not sure onthat one. Ohlins were using them for long time too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Elevensix HD = The new but regular size

Elevensix Micro = The new but lightweight compact design

I'm interested and excited by the ęMicroĽ version! Anyone got a picture of it? Why for the Evil Following ONLY? Is it just a test then it will be released for other mid/short travel bikes later on? 210x50/52.5/55 are everywhere ... it could finally compete against the great CCDB Coil IL

Launching exclusively on the Evil Following, the new ELEVENSIX Micro brings the most advanced coil technology to the short travel trail rider. This specific package provides all the same features found in the standard ELEVENSIX, but in a more compact and lightweight design. ELEVENSIX Micro brings traction and big hit control providing an unprecedented experience on a bike with less than 125mm of travel.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by ghostbiker View Post
    EXT only uses it in version for G1 frame, for others maybe on request, not sure onthat one. Ohlins were using them for long time too.
    Correct!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Waiting on mine arriving at the distributor, looks great though and all the changes they have made will make for an awesome shock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatsDirt View Post
    I'd imagine that heim is going to extend the service life on poorly designed frames...
    But then we have trunnions!

I'm guessing Push have different eyelets to fit Yoke bikes (Specialized Stumpy is in the list).
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz, Mech Engineer, Tuner, Manitou, Motorex, Vorsprung EPTC, SKF, Enduro
    www.dougal.co.nz

mtbr member
    Trunnion ELEVENSIX models also feature spherical mounts at the shaft eyelet.

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)-3.1.jpg

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)-trunnionprofile.jpg

Darren

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Is the hydraulic B/O externaly adjustable or pre-set per users requirements ? And hurry up and produce an open bath fork cart would yah ;-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

I'm interested and excited by the ęMicroĽ version! Anyone got a picture of it? Why for the Evil Following ONLY? Is it just a test then it will be released for other mid/short travel bikes later on? 210x50/52.5/55 are everywhere ... it could finally compete against the great CCDB Coil IL
    A shock optimized to max out at the 210/55 size and cut some weight would be interesting. More details Push?

mtbr member
    Elevensix HD = The new but regular size

ELEVENSIX: Standard and Trunnion mount with aluminum shaft
    ELEVENSIX HD: Standard mount with QPQ Steel shaft
    ELEVENSIX Micro: Trunnion mount, aluminum shaft, smaller bridge/resi/IFP/resi cap and new 200 series springs.

Is the hydraulic B/O externaly adjustable or pre-set per users requirements ? And hurry up and produce an open bath fork cart would yah ;-)
    HBO is internally adjustable by changing the bottoming piston size and is preset based on bike model. There won't be a complete PUSH cartridge as we have another project consuming all of our engineering resources at the moment.

Darren

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Steel shaft = win
    spherical bearings = win
    HBO = win

I guess you thought about this for a minute?
    www.thesuspensionlab.nz
    Suspension servicing & tuning in Rotorua, NZ/Vorsprung Elite Tuning Centre/Insta @thesuspensionlab

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Older versions (metric trunnion v2, for example) are not upgrade-able, correct?

mtbr member
    I guess you thought about this for a minute?
    You might say that!

Older versions (metric trunnion v2, for example) are not upgrade-able, correct?
    Correct. This is a whole new platform. We will continue to service, support, and reconfigure the previous version however.

Darren

mtbr member

Mine moves lots.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Any chance some of these new features will be available as upgrades/trickle down bits for the existing shocks?

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by dmar123 View Post
    Any chance some of these new features will be available as upgrades/trickle down bits for the existing shocks?
    No. see message #32 above.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    There is a lot of twisting on shocks and buckling forces as it compresses. Nearly every shock that wears the damper body or breaks the shaft is caused by unwanted lateral loads

**Speculation** I guess one of the reasons this one is only coming in metric sizes is to allow more overlap as well as fitting the HBO
    www.thesuspensionlab.nz
    Suspension servicing & tuning in Rotorua, NZ/Vorsprung Elite Tuning Centre/Insta @thesuspensionlab

mtbr member
    You might say that!

Correct. This is a whole new platform. ...

Darren
    Looks like it is still not compatible with Ibis Mojo 3 and Mojo HD3-HD5?

mtbr member
    With MTB's there are certain frames that really don't have any torsional loading, and others that have quite a bit. For frames that don't have the loading, the spherical's still provide ultra smooth rotation. For the frames that have the torsional loading it's a major upgrade in performance.

**Speculation** I guess one of the reasons this one is only coming in metric sizes is to allow more overlap as well as fitting the HBO
    Correct, and also the fact that demand for Imperial shocks has certainly diminished from our customers.

Looks like it is still not compatible with Ibis Mojo 3 and Mojo HD3-HD5?
    RipmoAF and Ripmo V2 only for the Ibis models. We're really excited to finally have an Ibis on the list!

Darren

Rides all the bikes!
    I don't currently have any plans to replace the Ohlins TTX. But is this going to be compatible with older Enduro frames?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalk View Post
    I don't currently have any plans to replace the Ohlins TTX. But is this going to be compatible with older Enduro frames?
    They are only available in metric sizing and IIRC your enduro does not use a metric shock?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    The theory of spherical bearings is great but my old demo with Ohlins Ttx was a total pain. I could kill a set of fresh sphericals in a day. They literally popped out of the eyelet. Hopefully the push design is better and sturdier than the ohlins design.

Iíd love one of these on my META AM 29, a lot of people are on these bikes now so could be worth adding to the list.

mtbr member

we have another project consuming all of our engineering resources at the moment

This is good to know:

This is a whole new platform. We will continue to service, support, and reconfigure the previous version however.
    So for existing (previous version) owners, how much better is it?

mtbr member

RipmoAF and Ripmo V2 only for the Ibis models. We're really excited to finally have an Ibis on the list!

Darren
    Being a HD3 owner and having no intention to get on a 29, especially after having switched to the ACS3 front, I am much less excited ... kind of disappointed actually that the HD3-HD5 are not in the list ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    Being a HD3 owner and having no intention to get on a 29, especially after having switched to the ACS3 front, I am much less excited ... kind of disappointed actually that the HD3-HD5 are not in the list ...
    Point your ire and lack of excitement directly at Ibis. Their design and leverage rate work best with an air shock. There' no overcoming this sad fact of life.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I hope this doesn't come off too bluntly but if you ride an HD3 and really want great suspension performance you might be best to look at moving on from a 5 year old bike? Or else there are plenty of other great options around in coil and air

Also if the HD5 frame isn't suited to a a coil (I don't know if they are metric or not?) then that means you aren't going to get the same experience from Elevensix even if one did fit
    www.thesuspensionlab.nz

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Why would one want a steel shaft on a monotube like this? I see the reasoning behind it for shocks like the CCDB and x2 where they can then use a smaller dia but that doesnít really work for a monotube where you need the larger diameter

mtbr member
    kind of disappointed actually that the HD3-HD5 are not in the list ...
    Unfortunately that bikes leverage characteristic really prefers an air spring. The new RipmoAF/V2 obviously has adjusted that.

Why would one want a steel shaft on a monotube like this? I see the reasoning behind it for shocks like the CCDB and x2 where they can then use a smaller dia but that doesnít really work for a monotube where you need the larger diameter
    It's not a want, it's a need. The tensile strength of the aluminum with the diameter and cross section of our shaft design is unable to handle the loads put on it by certain applications. Our steel shaft can handle those loads.

Darren

mtbr member
    Point your ire and lack of excitement directly at Ibis. Their design and leverage rate work best with an air shock. There' no overcoming this sad fact of life.
    I used the word "disappointed", there is no "ire". I was waiting to see what Push was coming up with but now I will order an EXT Storia that works fine with the HD3-HD4-HD5 line.

BTW to JOnnyC7: HD3 works great, even better now that the ACS3 coil front erases almost anything in its path (I dropped a tire size after I installed the ACS3!). And the only difference btw almost any bike from five years ago and now are a couple of degrees in head/seat geometry and a bit more reach! Nothing new has really come out in almost a decade suspension system-wise, with the exception of the Yeti switch.
    Last edited by Davide; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:24 AM.

mtbr member
    I used the word "disappointed", there is no "ire". I was waiting to see what Push was coming up with but now I will order an EXT Storia that works fine with the HD3-HD4-HD5 line.
    Sorry poor word choice. I do know of one person running a Storia on an HD3 and then an HD4 but don't really know how well that worked out and I'd be curious why it does work. Darren just stated they couldn't get performance to match their expectations for the 11-6. The 11-6 works great on my Turner RFX, a different implementation of the the DW-link.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Why is there still a cone shaped bottom out bumper if it has HBO?

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by springs View Post
    Almost every suspension piece has some kind of anti-bottom bumper or protection, to keep metal from hitting on metal-regardless of if they have an adjustable/bottom-out system or not.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Not available for Santa Cruz V3 5010? That's disappointing.
    2019 Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon C. R Build, in Purple.
    Spank//i9//Deity//Magura//MRP

mtbr member
    So, what I'm reading is that there will still be support to "Factory Rebuild" for existing 11.6 owners but going forth will no longer offer any new upgrades. What really sold me on shelling out $1200 was that our shock would always be advancing and able to be "Reconfigured for new bike" Being that your not selling the original 11.6 anymore does it mean there won't be any R&D going forth for future bikes? or is "This is a whole new platform" shock all that's available for future bikes? My bikes are 2016 models and still run great but I will eventually replace them and I was counting on and what sold me was the ability to "Reconfigured for new bike" option.
    Correct me if I'm wrong!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbrochills View Post
    Pretty sure thatís in the generation of top-driven SC bikes with wonky leverage curves. Theyíve been slowly redoing the entire line with bottom driven shocks to get decent characteristics. Known issue.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    I'm also interested to hear Darrens thoughts on rebound adjustment.

Other brands offer high and low speed rebound adjustment. Why doesnt Push?

mtbr member
    Because they do two entirely different things. The Rod Bumper provides spring progression (load), whereas the HBO provides speed sensitivity (force).

Still on the table.

So, what I'm reading is that there will still be support to "Factory Rebuild" for existing 11.6 owners but going forth will no longer offer any new upgrades. What really sold me on shelling out $1200 was that our shock would always be advancing and able to be "Reconfigured for new bike" Being that your not selling the original 11.6 anymore does it mean there won't be any R&D going forth for future bikes? or is "This is a whole new platform" shock all that's available for future bikes? My bikes are 2016 models and still run great but I will eventually replace them and I was counting on and what sold me was the ability to "Reconfigured for new bike" option.
    Correct me if I'm wrong!
    We still offer service and reconfiguration for the previous ELEVENSIX shocks. Reconfigurations may be limited to new 2020+ model bikes depending on a number of factors however. An example would be a bike requiring the new HD version of our shock. In that case we wouldn't be able to reconfigure a previous version. This is something that you could discuss with our CS team when the time comes to see what options you would have.

Other brands offer high and low speed rebound adjustment. Why doesn't Push?
    Rebound damping is determined by spring rate. The only reason you would need both external low and high speed rebound adjustment is if you weren't sure of the final spring rate. Because we build ELEVENSIX specific to application and know what the spring rate is for each rider, we're able to preset it internally.

Darren

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Other brands offer high and low speed rebound adjustment. Why doesnt Push?
    high speed rebounding damping is determined by the spring rate so set when a custom shock is built, there is no need to adjust it externally

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Now that this new 11.6 has HBO, why is it not offered for a Santa Cruz Bronson V3? I've heard of plenty of people running the EXT Storia on the Bronson V3 and they love it.
    2019 Santa Cruz Bronson CC
    2016 Santa Cruz Nomad CC

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC7 View Post
    high speed rebounding damping is determined by the spring rate so set when a custom shock is built, there is no need to adjust it externally
    Make sense!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Doesnít apply for me but for those with older 11-6 are they able to take advantage of some of the updates when doing a service? like the new piston and tune for example.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Almost every suspension piece has some kind of anti-bottom bumper or protection, to keep metal from hitting on metal-regardless of if they have an adjustable/bottom-out system or not.
    Agreed but for example, the EXT shock with HBO has a flat piece of rubber which does not add any ramp up or extra progression to the end stroke. I thought one of the purposes of HBO was to do away with this bumper affecting so much of the end stroke.

Because they do two entirely different things. The Rod Bumper provides spring progression (load), whereas the HBO provides speed sensitivity (force).

Darren
    Thanks for the reply Daren, to be clear I'm just trying to understand why and not questioning the validity of what you've created!

Can it be simplified into the load being from the weight of the rider and in instances like low speed shaft movements like g-outs where the bumper will assist with bottom out control and the force being high speed shaft movements creating enough force for the HBO to actuate protecting the shock?

Why not use an externally adjustable HBO (like the smashpot)?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    The density of the bottom out bumper has a big effect I find, the ones on Cane Creek DB IL's are made out of concrete it seems. No give in them at all. The fox DHX2 only a tiny bit softer. I think avalanche has a few options but now I have a progressive spring that sort of fixed that up.

mtbr member
    The use of ďloadĒ and ďforceĒ here is confusing. My interpretation is that, while itís all happening close to maximum compression, the bumper is providing an increase in spring rate that ramps up with displacement. On the other hands the hydraulic bottom out is providing damping that ramps up with velocity.

Both apply a force against the rider bottoming out. One (the HBO) is purely dissipative while the other (the bumper) will provide some rebound.

Because they do two entirely different things. The Rod Bumper provides spring progression (load), whereas the HBO provides speed sensitivity (force)

Elitest thrill junkie
    HBO is a life-saver IME. With it on my front fork, I've nose-landed huge jumps and features and just rode out. It's amazing though when you don't have this, how little "un-damped metal-on-metal" force it seems to take to pitch you over. I can only imagine how nice that will be on the rear end.

mtbr member
    Interestingly I've only had unpleasant bottom outs with air shocks. All the coils I've had, have had pretty grunty bottom out bumpers so I've never really noticed using all the travel.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)

Check out the 11.6 (HBO)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9sH9G2F...d=gz5qnxv389zw

Developed in conjunction with the hybrid HyperCoil progressive spring system, the secondary shaft piston provides large increases in compression damping during the last 15% of shock stroke. Because it's completely independent of the main damping piston there are no compromises in the shocks performance throughout the stroke.
    Source: https://www.pushindustries.com/products/elevensix

Vs

EXT STORIA v3 (HBC)

In order to allow every rider to use a softer spring rate and increase bike traction and handling, EXT engineers have imported from ARMA the hydralic bottom out system named HBC (Hydraulic Bottom-out Control), capable to develop more than 50% of hydraulic force only on the last part of the stroke, allowing riders to avoid any kind of bottom-out issues.

This technology allows the use of thinner bottom-out bumpers, increasing the amount of useful travel.
    Source: http://www.extremeshox.com/product/e...enduro-racing/

That hydraulic bump stop allows EXT to use a smaller bottom out bumper than what you'd typically find on a coil shock Ė in this case it's a 5mm piece of foam, protected by two plastic washers.
    https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p3pb17637539/p3pb17637539.jpg

It's the inclusion of a hydraulic bump stop that sets the Storia apart from other mountain bike shocks on the market.

Coil shocks are linear in nature, which means that they work best with bikes that have more progressive leverage curves. It is possible to run a coil on a more linear bike, but over-springing may be necessary to avoid bottoming out too often, which reduces some of that small bump sensitivity and plushness that coils are known for. EXT's solution addresses that by delivering a 50% increase in the force required to compress the shock during the last 15% of the travel.
    Source: https://m.pinkbike.com/news/review-e...-v3-shock.html

How tall is the 11.6 bottom out bumper?

Video explaining how it works (itís for their DH shock so it can be setup externally as well, but you get the idea)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_CUP5BcTU

mtbr member
    In that picture, the bottomout bumper is going to be compressed to a washer before HBO engages.

Compare the shock shaft length to the distance between the HBO cup and cone (orange bits).
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz, Mech Engineer, Tuner, Manitou, Motorex, Vorsprung EPTC, SKF, Enduro
    www.dougal.co.nz

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    EXT STORIA v3 (210 x 52.5mm) + 500 lb spring = 700 grams

What about the 2020 11.6 please?

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    In that picture, the bottomout bumper is going to be compressed to a washer before HBO engages.

Compare the shock shaft length to the distance between the HBO cup and cone (orange bits).
    From what I remember (previous thread) the bottom out bumpers can be different based on weight or something like that...

Donít want to say anything wrong so I'll let Push tell us more about it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)

The ęMicroĽ model is only available for the Evil Following with 120mm of travel (165x45). Any chance you could stretch it to 210x50/52.5/55 in the future? Weight??

mtbr member

That's a Solidworks model set to perspective view for referencing the system. The previous link to our Instagram account shows a video of the actual system engagement.

Something to note, at certain shaft velocities the HBO piston can be engaged and produce zero additional force...literally not contribute to the damping force at all.

As to help with speculation I'm putting together an in-depth white paper that I will happily publish that has all of the data in regards to both the HBO and progressive spring system.

Darren

mtbr member
    That's a Solidworks model set to perspective view for referencing the system. The previous link to our Instagram account shows a video of the actual system engagement.

Something to note, at certain shaft velocities the HBO piston can be engaged and produce zero additional force...literally not contribute to the damping force at all.

As to help with speculation I'm putting together an in-depth white paper that I will happily publish that has all of the data in regards to both the HBO and progressive spring system.

Darren
    Solidworks perspective view would make the shaft appear longer and HBO distance shorter. The opposite. I've got over 20 years using Solidworks.

The Instagram video is a partial shock which doesn't show any external shaft or bumper. So we can't see from that in a real shock which engages first and whether the bumper or HBO is doing the work.

But given that Metric shocks adjust stroke with bottom-out spacers (same 230mm length can come in 57.5, 60, 62.5 and 65mm stroke), that HBO depth will be different for each size. Does this mean you're making these HBO parts (or damper shafts) in different lengths for each shock application?

So an HBO shock couldn't be changed between say 230x57.5, 230x60, 230x62.5 or 230x65mm without a full strip down and swapping internal parts?
    www.dougal.co.nz

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Thank god we have you to point out every flaw you can find in a CAD drawing! I bet they are fixing production right now!

While they are at it I think they should fix the giant hole in the side of the damper body, that isnít going to hold oil very well at all!

Nat
    mtbr member
    While they are at it I think they should fix the giant hole in the side of the damper body, that isnít going to hold oil very well at all!
    Haha!

mtbr member
    Solidworks perspective view would make the shaft appear longer and HBO distance shorter. The opposite. I've got over 20 years using Solidworks.
    Well I'm not sure what to tell you because that's what you're looking at. Engineering was tied up so I did that cutaway myself. 20 years of anything doesn't mean that you can interpret an image of something on the internet.

But given that Metric shocks adjust stroke with bottom-out spacers (same 230mm length can come in 57.5, 60, 62.5 and 65mm stroke), that HBO depth will be different for each size. Does this mean you're making these HBO parts (or damper shafts) in different lengths for each shock application?

So an HBO shock couldn't be changed between say 230x57.5, 230x60, 230x62.5 or 230x65mm without a full strip down and swapping internal parts?
    If you're changing the shock size you have to take it apart, and as part of the size change you would change out the bottoming piston to keep the engagement length percentage the same.

Thanks for the heads up! I was going to build that for my personal bike!

Darren

mtbr member
    Hey Darren - any chance for an 11-6 for Ibis Ripley V4?

Cheers!!!

mtbr member
    Sorry....misread Ripley for Ripmo. We unfortunately won't have a Ripley fit.

Darren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)-ripmo-2a.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Darren, is there an 11.6 in the works for a Bronson V3?
    2019 Santa Cruz Bronson CC
    2016 Santa Cruz Nomad CC

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danny.mendes View Post
    Our spring won't fit through the tunnel unfortunately.

Darren

high pivot witchcraft
    Hey Darren - can you please tell me that the new 11-6 is no better than the old 11-6 I just bought? Even if itís not true?

2020 Kona Unit
    2019 Forbidden Druid
    2018 Kona Honzo ST 30th BDay SE
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon Fixed Gear

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    Hey Darren - can you please tell me that the new 11-6 is no better than the old 11-6 I just bought? Even if itís not true?

The increase in performance and weight savings would be nice to know for those of us with a bad case of upgradeitis.

Nat
    mtbr member

Haha!!! I'm pretty sure the new model is a sea-change improvement. Time to spennnnndddd again!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    darren, would you say the new elevensix hd is better suited for linear suspension bikes due to the hbo and hypercoil progressive springs?

i have a 2017 yeti sb6(8.5x2.5 shock) and im looking to get a coil. tired of sending the x2 back to fox for rebuilds and service.
    2017 yeti sb6c turq x01 eagle

mtbr member
    Thank god we have you to point out every flaw you can find in a CAD drawing! I bet they are fixing production right now!

You may be unfamiliar with how this works. But the CAD models (not drawings) set out the fixed geometry that is used for drawings, manufacture and assembly. They are the blue-prints now.
    If parts don't fit together like they should in a CAD model then you will have the same issues with the final product. If, for example, HBO requires more stroke then the bumper can give in the CAD model then that will happen with the product too.

CAD models for marketing are often produced. But it is unheard of to change functional dimensions for that purpose.

It is disingenious to correlate a cutaway view with a shock stroke question.

Well I'm not sure what to tell you because that's what you're looking at. Engineering was tied up so I did that cutaway myself. 20 years of anything doesn't mean that you can interpret an image of something on the internet.

If you're changing the shock size you have to take it apart, and as part of the size change you would change out the bottoming piston to keep the engagement length percentage the same.

Thanks for the heads up! I was going to build that for my personal bike!

Darren
    It's not changing the shock size, it's changing the end of the stroke. Knolly for example have one frame for three different models, travel is varied with bottom-out spacers. Other brands have clip in bottom-out spacers.

So for this one it's a "back to base" service to do that.
    www.dougal.co.nz

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    I have a new druid build at fanatik and they spec'd it out with this. Once it arrives and the bike is built I'll post pics. The stoke factor is high.

high pivot witchcraft

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkibrokeit View Post
    I have a new druid build at fanatik and they spec'd it out with this. Once it arrives and the bike is built I'll post pics. The stoke factor is high.
    Congrats. I like how you roll
    Last edited by mtnbkrmike; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:19 AM.
    2020 Kona Unit
    2019 Forbidden Druid

mtbr member
    hey dudes.

currently running a dhx2 coil on a sb150.

would i see a big difference going to the new elevensix?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by useport80 View Post
    darren, would you say the new elevensix hd is better suited for linear suspension bikes due to the hbo and hypercoil progressive springs?

i have a 2017 yeti sb6(8.5x2.5 shock) and im looking to get a coil. tired of sending the x2 back to fox for rebuilds and service.
    The new one will not be available to fit your SB6.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017

Rebound damping is determined by spring rate. The only reason you would need both external low and high speed rebound adjustment is if you weren't sure of the final spring rate. Because we build ELEVENSIX specific to application and know what the spring rate is for each rider, we're able to preset it internally.

Darren
    Im trying to understand this.
    So if my 11.6 came with 525 spring and I went down to 475 that it should be for my weight, is my HSR off?

Odoslanť z M1 pomocou Tapatalku

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    This will be sick on my Guerilla Gravity Mega Trail when I get it, I'll have to get some ACS3 setup for the front end also

mtbr member
    IT's not better? Let's be honest...the previous ELEVENSIX set the bar extremely high and is still very relevant.

The increase in performance and weight savings would be nice to know for those of us with a bad case of upgradeitis.
    We have a lot of information being released this coming week.

Unfortunately the new shock is in Metric sizes only so we only fit the newer generation SB130-165.

currently running a dhx2 coil on a sb150.

would i see a big difference going to the new elevensix?
    Yes...huge.....wait I might be heavily bias?

Im trying to understand this.
    So if my 11.6 came with 525 spring and I went down to 475 that it should be for my weight, is my HSR off?
    That would be unusual to go down two spring rates unless you purchased the shock used. Each bike has multiple damper specs that cover a range of rider weights. So you might have bike that looks like this:

125-185lb rider weight: Damper 1, 325-400lb springs
    185-240lb rider weight: Damper 2, 425-525lb springs
    240+ rider weight: Damper 3, 525+lb springs

So damper #1 has the high speed rebound set to accommodate 325, 350, 375, and 400lb/in springs in combination with the external adjuster. If you needed to go up to a 450lb/in spring a revalve would be ideal but not required.

This will be sick on my Guerilla Gravity Mega Trail when I get it, I'll have to get some ACS3 setup for the front end also
    Unfortunately the new shaft end eyelet is too big for the Megatrail and interferes with the seatube. Trail Pistol and Smash only for the GG frames.

Darren

mtbr member
    So far the amount of applications for the new shock is fairly limited, will you be adding more bikes going forward or only adding more as new bikes that are suitable are released?

May I suggest the new Banshee Titan?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crit Rat View Post
    So far the amount of applications for the new shock is fairly limited, will you be adding more bikes going forward or only adding more as new bikes that are suitable are released?

May I suggest the new Banshee Titan?
    We will be adding bikes, but the demand for the current list is pretty overwhelming at the moment. I will say that the Titan is on our radar but we haven't made plans yet.

Darren

mtbr member
    We will be adding bikes, but the demand for the current list is pretty overwhelming at the moment. I will say that the Titan is on our radar but we haven't made plans yet.

Darren
    Thanks. I suppose I can see demand being high enough initially for the bikes listed to keep you busy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by danny.mendes View Post
    The 11.6 is too large but almost any other coil shock will fit!

Have a look at the Bronson v3 thread ... you have plenty of options (almost all of them), including the STORIA if you want a top custom tuned coil shock like the 11.6!

forums.mtbr.com/santa-cruz/2019-santa-cruz-bronson-v3-1081992-7.html

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    From what I remember (previous thread) the bottom out bumpers can be different based on weight or something like that...

Donít want to say anything wrong so I'll let Push tell us more about it.

Any news about why the bottom out bumper is so tall even with the HBO and the progressive spring?

mtbr member
    May 2017

Any news about why the bottom out bumper is so tall even with the HBO and the progressive spring?
    lol yeah I'm feeling ignored

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    First I will say that the bottom out bumper is an integral part of the progressive spring system. The same as it is in production car spring systems.
    Second I will say that the likely reason for this is to increase versatility. Basically the system will feel 'good' to a wider range of users and in a wider range of riding conditions.

It is quite normal in off-road motorsports for the bottom out bumper and spring rate to remain the same whether or not the damper is optioned with a hydraulic bottom out system.
    The bottom out bumper and hydraulic bottom out system are usually only changed for factory teams. As they are a final tuning item once the spring and damper valving have been near enough perfected.
    For everybody else the bottom out bumper and hydraulic bottom out system is predetermined at the manufacturer based on the vehicle (in this case based on the bike).

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    You are right itís needed! Buy why so tall? It makes you wonder if you can really use most of the travel. The EXT is 5mm tall and it does the job as well. Genuine question!

Elitest thrill junkie
    It makes you wonder if you can really use most of the travel.
    No, it doesn't. Realize that when the thing bottoms out, it's already seeing hundreds and hundreds of pounds of force. Under that kind of force, it compresses to a fraction of that height. Not quite to zero, but pretty damn close. Not a concern.

mtbr member
    The bottom-out bumper is the only progressive part of the spring.

Hereís what it says on the ELEVENSIX product page: ďTo compliment the linear HyperCoil spring, progressive open cell rod bumpers are specifically engineered to control ending stroke progression and spring rate, giving riders plush initial travel with plenty of ramp up to control the handling of large jumps and drops.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by KoolGrandWizardLuke View Post
    First I will say that the bottom out bumper is an integral part of the progressive spring system.
    Each bumper is chosen for the bike, rider weight, and riding style. Theyíre not all that tall. I have seen short black, medium orangeish, and tall tan. Mine (v1.5 on a SC Nomad v4) is the short black, which makes sense as the bike has a progressive leverage ratio throughout its travel.

Buy why so tall?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Unfortunately the new shaft end eyelet is too big for the Megatrail and interferes with the seatube. Trail Pistol and Smash only for the GG frames.

Darren

oh well. Maybe it is just a spacer to convert the DHX2 from 60 to 65MM and I will get the 230x60 11-6 for the SMASH..... (There is a DHX2 on there now.)

Nat
    mtbr member
    This is a bit of a tangent...

The latest version of the shock apparently has adjustment knobs that are easier to turn than the older version:

"All of this adjustment also now comes easier than ever. The new ELEVENSIX features completely sealed adjusters that are re-shaped, larger in size, and feature an internal bushing system to make them easy to turn."

I'll admit that I was having quite a bit of difficulty turning the adjusters on my older version shock, to the point that I resorted to using the flats of an adjustable wrench to get enough leverage. Of course doing so marred up the finish a little.

Have any of you come up with a solution (other than "do some hand strengthening exercises, wuss"), perhaps a plastic tool of some sort that won't mar the finish?

I'm imagining something like this golf spike tool but made of plastic:
    https://www.carlsgolfland.com/pro-sp...caAtKKEALw_wcB

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    No, it doesn't. Realize that when the thing bottoms out, it's already seeing hundreds and hundreds of pounds of force. Under that kind of force, it compresses to a fraction of that height. Not quite to zero, but pretty damn close. Not a concern.
    In addition, the ElevenSix's open cell rod bumpers are designed to add another layer of bottom out prevention. The bottom part of the bumper sits in a cup, which helps it keeps its shape and provide support during big impacts, rather than getting completely flattened like a pancake.
    source: https://m.pinkbike.com/news/pushs-ne...t-control.html

I'd love to know how far it can compress under hard impacts.

CC say the bottom out bumper on their shocks will compress to about 50% (thatís a fair few mm).

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)

205x62.5 (400lbs)

Any official numbers would be great

Can you weigh yours when you get it?

Shock: Length x Stroke
    Coil: Spring rate

mtbr member

Ooh coil weights. I'll play.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    source: https://m.pinkbike.com/news/pushs-ne...t-control.html

I'd love to know how far it can compress under hard impacts.

CC say the bottom out bumper on their shocks will compress to about 50% (thatís a fair few mm).
    It will compress far enough, because Iím sure they tested it. I have a few videos of different bumpers being squished and they can go pretty flat!

And the coil spring isnít progressive on its own, itís the Coil spring + bumper that makes a progressive spring

mtbr member
    It will compress far enough, because Iím sure they tested it.
    I think everyone would be very surprised by the amount of engineering hours go into something so seemingly simple!

Our tall bumper:

Static height: 0.787" (20mm)
    Full compression height: 0.055"(1.4mm)

Our shock parameters are stroke adjusted so that we get full travel.

Video below:

I'm still working on a complete post regarding our spring/bumper/hbo

Darren

Bodhisattva
    we get full travel.

Video below:

I find that video to be oddly erotic

mtbr member
    Hundreds of pounds of force at bottomout means a shock has already used all it's travel at high speed losing a lot of energy to damping and storing the maximum energy it can in the spring.
    That's an extreme case that the vast majority of riders never see.

The bottom-out bumper is the only progressive part of the spring.

Hereís what it says on the ELEVENSIX product page: ďTo compliment the linear HyperCoil spring, progressive open cell rod bumpers are specifically engineered to control ending stroke progression and spring rate, giving riders plush initial travel with plenty of ramp up to control the handling of large jumps and drops.Ē
    Spring looks slightly conical to me and conical springs are progressive. It's the alternative to winding one end with closer coils.

I think everyone would be very surprised by the amount of engineering hours go into something so seemingly simple!

Our tall bumper:

The question isn't how far it can compress. It's a foam spring with no hard stop. More force will flatten it even more and less force will compress it less.

The question is: how much force it requires to compress to the points where HBO first engage, then how much force at full stroke.

Other brands are using HBO for end stroke and a short & firm bumper for the final hard stop. This looks like the opposite.
    www.dougal.co.nz

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Our tall bumper:

Our shock parameters are stroke adjusted so that we get full travel.

Video below:

I'm still working on a complete post regarding our spring/bumper/hbo

Darren
    Nice! Thank you very much for the info and the video

mtbr member
    Spring looks slightly conical to me and conical springs are progressive. It's the alternative to winding one end with closer coils.
    It looks identical to the HyperCo springs on both of my ELEVENSIXes to-date.

PUSH asserts that the spring has "... a unique design concept that adjusts the body diameter of the spring relative to the end coils. The OBD design enables Hyperco to take full advantage of its ultra high tensile material by optimizing the applied stress through adjusting the spring's body diameter. This design resists the bowing of the spring producing greater spring linearity..." (emphasis added by me)

mtbr member
    It looks identical to the HyperCo springs on both of my ELEVENSIXes to-date.

PUSH asserts that the spring has "... a unique design concept that adjusts the body diameter of the spring relative to the end coils. The OBD design enables Hyperco to take full advantage of its ultra high tensile material by optimizing the applied stress through adjusting the spring's body diameter. This design resists the bowing of the spring producing greater spring linearity..." (emphasis added by me)
    So if Push are claiming a progressive shock with a linear spring then yeah it's bottom-out bumper doing that work.

My story is that all coils are progressive at the start (when the end coils start to load up) and deeper in the stroke when whole end coils start to close up. They are most linear in between.
    What you get depends on which parts of the curve you are operating in and if the coil has been designed to avoid or accentuate that end coil closing.
    www.dougal.co.nz

mtbr member

205x62.5 (400lbs)

What's your storia v 11-6 review degev

always licking the glass

Darren
    Darren, how is that possible? The Megatrail, Trail Pistol, Smash, and Shred Dogg all use the same frame. So are the 27.5" bikes from GG on the table, or just the 29" ones? I was looking forward in the future to trying the newest 11-6 possibly, but it's sounding like you may not be heading that direction.
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF, Colorado Front Range
    https://classifieds.mtbr.com/showpro...product=116154

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    Darren, how is that possible? The Megatrail, Trail Pistol, Smash, and Shred Dogg all use the same frame. So are the 27.5" bikes from GG on the table, or just the 29" ones? I was looking forward in the future to trying the newest 11-6 possibly, but it's sounding like you may not be heading that direction.
    Yes, but the links and stays are different effecting the starting position of the shock. In Crush mode it clears on the Megatrail, but in Plush position the link rotates backwards and the eyelet rubs on the seatube.

Darren

mtbr member
    Darren, how is that possible? The Megatrail, Trail Pistol, Smash, and Shred Dogg all use the same frame...
    Different rockers. The MT rocker puts the rod end eyelet of the shock right up against the seat tube not leaving room for the large diameter of the heim joint eyelet.
    Do the math.

always licking the glass

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)

Yes, but the links and stays are different effecting the starting position of the shock. In Crush mode it clears on the Megatrail, but in Plush position the link rotates backwards and the eyelet rubs on the seatube.

Darren
    Thank you. I assume you mean trail and gravity mode, not plush and crush?

The Shred Dogg and Megatrail use gravity and trail mode, which is different than the plush and crush mode on the 29ers.

So does that mean theyíre not on the table for the future?

always licking the glass
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    Different rockers. The MT rocker puts the rod end eyelet of the shock right up against the seat tube not leaving room for the large diameter of the heim joint eyelet.
    The rockers are the same. Itís the seatstays and shock lengths that are different.

mtbr member
    Thank you. I assume you mean trail and gravity mode, not plush and crush?

The Shred Dogg and Megatrail use gravity and trail mode, which is different than the plush and crush mode on the 29ers.

So does that mean theyíre not on the table for the future?
    Sorry...got them confused. Yes, Gravity mode is the problem on the Megatrail. You are correct that we will not have a fitment in the future unless something changes with the frame. Smash and Trail Pistol are the only fits at this point.

Darren

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    A few pics fetched from IG

Anybody out there got one already?

high pivot witchcraft
    Are there any old v. new comparison reviews yet?
    2020 Kona Unit
    2019 Forbidden Druid

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Are there any old v. new comparison reviews yet?
    Found one. Doesnít tell you much but here we go

https://www.emtbforums.com/community...l-shock.11034/

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)

And a quick article from Hyperco about the coil they developed for/with Push.

Hyperco is proud to partner in this effort, working with Push to develop an exclusive line of ultralight OBD coil-overs to coordinate with the shocks.
    https://www.hypercoils.com/news/all-...evensix-shocks

Leading to a bit more info

https://www.hypercoils.com/coil-over-springs/

high pivot witchcraft
    Thanks digev for all the great posts.
    2020 Kona Unit
    2019 Forbidden Druid

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    And a quick article from Hyperco about the coil they developed for/with Push.

https://www.hypercoils.com/news/all-...evensix-shocks

Leading to a bit more info

https://www.hypercoils.com/coil-over-springs/
    Thanks for that, it got me on to their full catalog and their FSAE springs look like great substitutes for extra light mtb springs!
    www.thesuspensionlab.nz

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    A few pics fetched from IG

Anybody out there got one already?
    I have one. Hoping to ride it this week as long as we don't go on lockdown.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)

No worries guys! Keep us posted with your findings and feedback. Better hurry to ride it before a full lockdown.

Another quick one to finish off the day.

Push ElevenSix MicroXD on a Evil Offering (140mm)

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    What's your storia v 11-6 review
    I wish I could answer that! I own neither at the moment and I'm trying to figure out which to buy. I was ready to pull the trigger on the STORIA when Push started teasing about a new shock (selling the old version with a huge discount if you prefer) but with the new 11.6 features especially the spherical bearings and HBO itís not as black and white as it used to be.

I would say at the moment, I'm leaning towards the new Push for the following reasons:

- Spherical bearings is a huge leap forward and you canít have it on the STORIA unless you get a Geometron
    - The Push tune is bang on and these guys have ridden YOUR bike long enough to offer you what they think is best for this bike/kinematic Vs EXT applying mathematics/formulas based on the bike's leverage ratio etc ... (more generic approach)! I've got several examples of people being super happy happy about their STORIA but some are also not satisfied after several attempts and tunes ... it looks like a hit or miss scenario to me. Ridding buddies or people I bumped into with 11.6s never said anything like that!
    - Last but not least, the Push support is stellar ... you can have a quick chat via their website and in a couple of minutes you get talking about whatever ... itís a huge relief and I've tested it before.

Those are my personal reasons and opinions, but I believe they both are great shocks and differences are very small compared to what it used to be before Push upped their game.

If both are tuned properly that is! Thatís my fear, I know one will be and the other one might or might not.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Push ELEVENSIX v2 (2020)

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    First ride on my ElevenSix R on my Megatower, coming off the OG ElevenSix the bar was already set high so it had to do things better. From the start it's impossible not to notice how supple it is, more so than the OG, I imagine this is down to the spherical bearings reducing friction. Coming off the OG the difference isn't going to be huge but it's small changes that have stepped it up again. I look forward to more riding on it and getting more used to it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    First ride on my ElevenSix R on my Megatower, coming off the OG ElevenSix the bar was already set high so it had to do things better. From the start it's impossible not to notice how supple it is, more so than the OG, I imagine this is down to the spherical bearings reducing friction. Coming off the OG the difference isn't going to be huge but it's small changes that have stepped it up again. I look forward to more riding on it and getting more used to it.
    sir - do you think this would be a big upgrade over the typical fox dhx2? im seriously considering this upgrade for my 150

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by onawave View Post
    sir - do you think this would be a big upgrade over the typical fox dhx2? im seriously considering this upgrade for my 150
    Are you kidding? Not even in the same multi-verse...

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    Thatís Cool! Thanks Rick.

Any pics of the beast on your MT please? Did you mess with compression/rebound or was it good straight out if the box?

mtbr member
    Are you kidding? Not even in the same multi-verse...
    no im not kidding. the dhx2 was the first coil i had - which is great. and just wondering if it is that much better.

from the bit of reading that i did - having a coil dialed in for the bike initally is so much better than the fox way of doing things as an example.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by onawave View Post
    no im not kidding. the dhx2 was the first coil i had - which is great. and just wondering if it is that much better.

from the bit of reading that i did - having a coil dialed in for the bike initally is so much better than the fox way of doing things as an example.
    DHX2 is pretty bad damper no matter what you do with the clickers. So yes, at 1200 bucks this thing better be much better.