Push ACS-3 Coil Conversion kit - Page 8- Mtbr.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 1,401 to 1,443 of 1443
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Wink Amazing !

Quote Originally Posted by R_Pierce View Post
    I'll go against what the rest of these guys say. If you want it more plush feeling, drop a spring. I personally run about 25% sag in my fork. I prefer the initial stroke plushness.

After all, that's what the air assist bottom out is for... Those bigger hits these guys have been talking about.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I came to answer GT87 when saw your reply.
    This is exactly what I planned to answer

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by digev View Post
    I run 0 PSI in the air bump stop and after a year of shredding in the Alps itís not needed either (with a blue spring)! The £149 TF tuned coil kit + Push spring idea is brilliant ... nice one
    The tf blue springs we're all made too long and the option to upgrade to a a push spring was given to me. Total cost was £170

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post
    The tf blue springs we're all made too long and the option to upgrade to a a push spring was given to me. Total cost was £170

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Thatís such a bargain!

£375 ($470) for the kit
    £80 ($100) for the spring

As much as I love my ACS3, this setup is not half bad!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Well I finally got one, put it in but tore a foam ring (I tried doing it all on bike which was on stand and still vertical so fork was horizontal and rings slid down) . Put old rings in for one ride while I waited for rwc rings. I have been riding and Fox 36 fit 4. It felt great. The damper now actually seems useful. Then put rwc rings in and now there is a slight sound from spring, it seems like top out noise, could you get that from to much torque on foot nut? My beam torque wrench is sort of vague at such low torque values. I can probably just ignore it as it still feels good, but I would like to avoid messing something up.
    Last edited by sxotty; 07-24-2020 at 11:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Coil

Hello,

Do Somone know the actual dimensions for the new Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Coil ? it is ~50% off the PUSH's one.

Cheers,

mtbr member
    I also agree with R_Peirce above but with some caveats. If you ride a lot of steep stuff, especially if it's shelvy, you will get more fork dive. If you have a grip 2 and compensate with more compression you can get a spikey fork. Personally I wish there was a spring between black and grey.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    When are we going to see a kit for the Fox 38 or RS ZEB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Push has indicated they have no plans for 38 or Zeb upgrades. They said they are working on other projects.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Update ! - with "Orange" 40bl/inch

Quote Originally Posted by NETTA170 View Post
    I came to answer GT87 when saw your reply.
    This is exactly what I planned to answer
    Yap, now I can see what you guys talk about
    So plush - like a spring

With the Orange spring, I'm just hitting the 25% sag mark. I pumped 30psi into ABS and go to a ride with just a small max 2feet drops to flat.

The o-ring still has 3/4" at the end of the trail, so having quite a lot of safety margin if putting 55psi in ABS.

I must add here, that the stock fork for my TR Smuggler 2017 is 130mm and I running 160mm (great upgrade BTW).

I hope that this update helps others to make a decision.

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Hi almost finished fitting my coil conversion , quick question do I still put 10ml of fox oil in or is it more or less ??

Regards

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cb750stu View Post
    Hi almost finished fitting my coil conversion , quick question do I still put 10ml of fox oil in or is it more or less ??

Regards

You can put slightly more now. 10 to 20 ml.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb750stu View Post

Regards

The instructions say 20 ml on the coil side.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    But the video says 10ml. I did 10. Probably doesn't matter much, it's just splashing the bushings.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Hey guys,

I just recently purchased the ACS-3 with blue spring for my 2020 Fox Factory 36 GRIP2, 150mm travel.
    I haven't been able to find a straight answer on what fork oil to use.....
    (10-20ml?) Fox Gold 20wt on the spring side or Maxima Plush 10wt? I see PUSH is now using Motorex 10wt in their service kits?
    On the damper side should I still use (40ml) of Fox 5wt teflon infused oil?
    And is the 3ml of oil still required in the upper air chamber side?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    I also agree with R_Peirce above but with some caveats. If you ride a lot of steep stuff, especially if it's shelvy, you will get more fork dive. If you have a grip 2 and compensate with more compression you can get a spikey fork. Personally I wish there was a spring between black and grey.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    Have you tried the pre-load spacers that come with the spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Awhitt82 View Post
    Hey guys,

(10-20ml?) Fox Gold 20wt on the spring side or Maxima Plush 10wt? I see PUSH is now using Motorex 10wt in their service kits?
    20ml of Fox 20wt (or RS 0w-30, or any of the above may work fine too)

On the damper side should I still use (40ml) of Fox 5wt teflon infused oil?
    Yes, 40ml of Fox 5wt, (or whatever substitute you put in the damper, like Maxima Plush 3wt)

And is the 3ml of oil still required in the upper air chamber side?

Thanks!
    No.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i have a black spring(55lb/in) for a fox 36 for sale. i ended up going with the green spring instead. send me a PM if you are interested.
    2020 yeti sb165 t2

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have a 2017 29Ē 150mm RS Pike. I bought the ACS3 kit from PUSH and installed it. After being installed the travel was only 130mm. I contacted PUSH who sent me a different lower assembly which says lyric 150 on it. Assembled the fork and everything fits fine. I was sent a green spring for my weight/riding style with my initial order. The fork is very stiff. Small bump compliance is bad and the fork sag is minimal. Frustrated as I was excited about this fork kit and my bike is now pretty much unridable. Anyone know if perhaps Iíd need a different spring with the lyric lower assembly? Are the springs different between lyric and pike forks? Appreciate any input.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tonloc08 View Post
    I have a 2017 29Ē 150mm RS Pike. I bought the ACS3 kit from PUSH and installed it. After being installed the travel was only 130mm. I contacted PUSH who sent me a different lower assembly which says lyric 150 on it. Assembled the fork and everything fits fine. I was sent a green spring for my weight/riding style with my initial order. The fork is very stiff. Small bump compliance is bad and the fork sag is minimal. Frustrated as I was excited about this fork kit and my bike is now pretty much unridable. Anyone know if perhaps Iíd need a different spring with the lyric lower assembly? Are the springs different between lyric and pike forks? Appreciate any input.
    Have you called Push about this?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Have been emailing back and forth but havenít gotten any definitive answers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tonloc08 View Post
    Have been emailing back and forth but havenít gotten any definitive answers.
    Iíd just call them and talk live. Too many details to get right with this very capable product. Pushís customer service has been great in my experience.

mtbr member

Swapped spring and damper sides - is this a good or dumb idea?

I've just got an ACS3 kit for a Lyrik.

Just in case I want to change back to air, I wanted to put the spring in the damper side and the damper in the air side. I checked the inside of both stanchions. Both sides have the same circlip groove and stepping at the bottom of the stanchion legs. The only differences I can see is the equalisation dimple and inner leg polishing on the air side.

I installed the kit swapped over - both threaded in OK at the top and the lowers seem to fit fine and installed properly at the bottom. I haven't ridden the fork on trails yet.

Is this a smart or dumb idea? Are there any other differences I should know about between the stanchion legs?

mtbr member
    On the surface it looks like a "why didn't I think of that" idea.

Quote Originally Posted by fresh tracks View Post

Just in case I want to change back to air, I wanted to put the spring in the damper side and the damper in the air side. I checked the inside of both stanchions. Both sides have the same circlip groove and stepping at the bottom of the stanchion legs. The only differences I can see is the equalisation dimple and inner leg polishing on the air side.

I installed the kit swapped over - both threaded in OK at the top and the lowers seem to fit fine and installed properly at the bottom. I haven't ridden the fork on trails yet.

Is this a smart or dumb idea? Are there any other differences I should know about between the stanchion legs?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Might be brilliant if it works 👍

GG Shred Dogg 27+/29 (go fast!)
    RSD Wildcat V2 (backyard kicks)
    Pivot Shuttle 27.5 (wifeys)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Might be brilliant if it works 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdrunk View Post
    On the surface it looks like a "why didn't I think of that" idea.
    I've reached out to Push. I'll let you know what they say...

mtbr member
    I've reached out to Push. I'll let you know what they say...
    I'm calling this idea a bust.

The bits fit together OK. As the damper lower leg is shorter than the spring side by ~10mm, the available travel with the same spring rod is 10mm more. So my 160 becomes 170 and since the damper goes to 180, it can stretch the extra distance in the spring leg. Free travel!

But...looking at how much the lowers have been optimised in shape for the forces they get, I'm wondering how much the spring side has been reinforced at the bottom versus the damper side. I'm no engineer so I'm guessing and thinking the spring side lowers see more force applied to them on a regular basis than the damper side, as the spring side is holding up my weight, regardless of how fast I'm going.

The only person who can definitively say the swap is safe is a SRAM engineer that designed the lowers. I'm not holding my breath for that type of answer anytime soon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_mtb View Post
    20ml of Fox 20wt (or RS 0w-30, or any of the above may work fine too)

Yes, 40ml of Fox 5wt, (or whatever substitute you put in the damper, like Maxima Plush 3wt)

No.
    Thanks!

I just finished my conversion last week and loving it so far!
    I ended up using 20ml of Motorex 10wt in the spring side and the 40ml of Fox 5wt in the damper side with SKF green seals.
    So far so good!

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    I just picked up a used SC HT LT with a push acs3 in a fox factory 36 fork. Iím 172 without gear and 178 with gear so Iím on the border between the blue and green spring. Any recommendations on which spring to go with and what settings to use? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rich91724 View Post
    I just picked up a used SC HT LT with a push acs3 in a fox factory 36 fork. Iím 172 without gear and 178 with gear so Iím on the border between the blue and green spring. Any recommendations on which spring to go with and what settings to use? Thanks.
    Iíd go with the heavier spring to avoid the potential for a harsh bottom out...especially if you ride aggressive or hit the accidental drop to flat. The metal to metal slap will stick in your mind forever! If youíre a bit lighter on the bike, youíll be fine with the lighter spring.

mtbr member
    what harsh bottom out? the acs3 has the air ramp thing. plus the bottom out bumper is unchanged so not "metal to metal"...

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by spo0n View Post
    what harsh bottom out? the acs3 has the air ramp thing. plus the bottom out bumper is unchanged so not "metal to metal"...
    Yeah I've ridden mostly RS coil forks since 2005 and I've never experienced this metal to metal problem.

Currently running my 2019 Pike 150 with the acs3. Several months now and I love it. Sooooo smooth. No bottom out issues but I'm not dropping anything to flat larger than the occasional park bench. Trail drops are either less height or to transition. Only running about five PSI in the air chamber. Can't imagine that's accurate at all since I have a 300 PSI shock pump but whatever.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eatdrinkride; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:26 PM.

mtbr member

Under damped

I'm really enjoying the small bump plushness of the coil. They say nothing feels like a coil and I now understand what that means!

The charger 2.1 damper however feels under-gunned on black/double black runs. I'm running out of travel when I should have some spare. I'm getting near the end of the damper settings to get support but also getting harshness.

Currently running a blue spring, 160mm Lyrik, 75kg, 40psi in air. Sag is 20%

I'm going to put the fast damper back in, which has way more low and high speed damping and range and see how that feels.

Anyone else feel the 2.1 damper is a bit under-gunned with a coil?

Bodhisattva
    I'm really enjoying the small bump plushness of the coil. They say nothing feels like a coil and I now understand what that means!

The charger 2.1 damper however feels under-gunned on black/double black runs. I'm running out of travel when I should have some spare. I'm getting near the end of the damper settings to get support but also getting harshness.

I'm going to put the fast damper back in, which has way more low and high speed damping and range and see how that feels.

Yes to the charger damper.

Push HC97 would rectify this situation nicely

mtbr member

I use the 2.1 damper with orange spring on a Ibis HD3, 160mm Pike, 72 Kg, 14 psi air. I obviously must be riding much tamer trails, The 2.1 feels pretty good, better than the original.

But maybe you want to go up one spring rate? Certainly simpler than changing the damper.
    Last edited by Davide; 4 Days Ago at 09:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel View Post
    Push HC97 would rectify this situation nicely
    Sold out unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Anyone have a grey 60# spring theyíre not using?

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    I have one for FOX and RS(not sure if they are different or not), just pay shpg...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Duh, I didnít include application 🙄

35mm stanchions (Pike?), itís going to be used in a Helm if it fits.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    yep, out of a Pike. will not be using it any longer...

Shoot me a PM with your address and Ill get a cost on shpg Monday. It's in a square plastic tube from PUSH so a padded envelope should suffice unless you'd like it boxed...

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    I also have a HC97 for a 2020 LYRIK. Purchased in March and removed in June for an AVY cartridge. Maybe 15 rides. Shoot me a PM if interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    I use the 2.1 damper with orange spring on a Ibis HD3, 160mm Pike, 72 Kg, 14 psi air. I obviously must be riding much tamer trails, The 2.1 feels pretty good, better than the original.

But maybe you want to go up one spring rate? Certainly simpler than changing the damper.
    I tried the fast damper. Light years better. The same terrain that used all the travel too easily with the 2.1 damper I now have 15-20mm of travel spare.

Yes, you're right, I could go up to the green spring if I kept using the 2.1 damper. When I used an air spring, I was using 90psi, versus 70psi in Rockshox guidelines for my weight with the 2.1. The 2.1 just seems really low in damping force.
    All good though - I have a workable solution.

mtbr member
    What is the fast damper? This guy? https://www.fast-suspension.com/en/m...ation_35_160mm

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    That's an interesting find. No, I haven't got that one. I'd be interested to find out how it performs. I have an older fast damper that fitted into the first version of the charger damper. Deleted now. Here was the pike version:
    https://enduro-mtb.com/en/the-review...r-the-rs-pike/

I've gone through a few iterations. First the fast damper to improve on the original charger damper, then added the DSD runt. The fast damper had too much damping for the DSD runt, which has a boatload of mid stroke support. So I got the 2.1, which paired well with the runt. Then I got coil curious and in a back to the future move put back in the old fast damper which seems to pair better with the coil for my style of riding.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678