psylo U-turn spring swap tips???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

psylo U-turn spring swap tips???

using 50mm sag & need to up-grade the spring/any one have hands-on exp. with pure dampening dissasembly/install since the forks need to come apart unlike manitou.using a syringe as R.S. recommends appears a little vague.any tips would be appreciated. thanks.

San Diego County
    Have you been to the RS website to download the rebuild instructions? If you have the instructions the next step is to dive in!

EDIT: The spring side has nothing to do with the damper side. You can change the spring in minutes. There's a little oil (35cc I think) in there to lube that side of the forks.

Chris
    Last edited by Duzitall; 02-28-2004 at 05:54 PM.

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 NRS
    using 50mm sag & need to up-grade the spring/any one have hands-on exp. with pure dampening dissasembly/install since the forks need to come apart unlike manitou.using a syringe as R.S. recommends appears a little vague.any tips would be appreciated. thanks.
    For replacing the spring you won't need to remove the lowers, so unless you want to change the fluid in the damper you are only dealing with the bath oil on the spring side.

Servicing the the damper side is a lot of fun. Just make sure you do it someplace where you don't mind having oil shoot out. The thing can be like a super soaker, and the first time I did it the thing really hosed me with oil. I laughed my ass off when it happened.

G

mtbr member

EZ spring swap/

Quote Originally Posted by GregR
    For replacing the spring you won't need to remove the lowers, so unless you want to change the fluid in the damper you are only dealing with the bath oil on the spring side.

Servicing the the damper side is a lot of fun. Just make sure you do it someplace where you don't mind having oil shoot out. The thing can be like a super soaker, and the first time I did it the thing really hosed me with oil. I laughed my ass off when it happened.

G
    thanks all for the responce/ thought there was a circlip that required removal but a second look on R.S. tech site shows no such animal.what a relief.