• 09-11-2019
    Guy22
    please help me find my fork
    i cant find a fork that will fit my 29X2.1 wheels
    i see a lot of nice forks but there inner width is too big for my wheels.
    someone has a recommendation for a fork with a reasonable spacing?
    thanks!
  • 09-11-2019
    dischucker
    1. Don't cross post the same question in multiple forums. It just wastes people's time in providing an answer that someone else has posted in the other forum. So please delete the one in the 29er forum.

2. It seems you're only concerned with the look of the fork having too large a gap between the tire and fork legs (??).

I'm not sure I have an answer for that. I thought all forks were pretty similar in their width and height for the same wheel size and hub type (QR, thru axle, boost).
  • 09-11-2019
    Vespasianus
    Buy and old Recon Gold 29" on eBay. Can be found in both 15mm and QR. Can't run much bigger then a 2.35 tire so should look narrow and have the poor performance you desire.
  • 09-11-2019
    trail-blazer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy22 View Post
    i cant find a fork that will fit my 29X2.1 wheels
    i see a lot of nice forks but there inner width is too big for my wheels.
    someone has a recommendation for a fork with a reasonable spacing?
    thanks!

Are you saying you want it narrower for aesthetic reasons or are you talking about your wheel hubs being too narrow, i.e. non boost (100mm hub width) and all you are seeing is boost forks (110mm hub width)?
  • 09-11-2019
    Guy22
    im looking for a rigid fork, didnt mention this.
    yes the look is important to me its quite strange too big gap between the fork and the wheel, so yes its because aesthetic reasons.
  • 09-11-2019
    PhillipJ
    Maybe you're asking in the wrong place, do you actually need a cyclocross or gravel bike fork?
  • 09-12-2019
    Guy22
    Gravel fork. Gonna use the bike for tour divide next year with 700x50 tyres.
    Most of the gravel will clear 45mm
    And the bikepacking ones will clear 3.0 inch most..
    Maybe I will go custom