Pike spring?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Pike spring?

mtbr member

Pike spring?

Just ordered an 05 Pike Team U Turn with PopLoc from pricepoint. I weigh roughly 200 lbs, therefore need the heaviest spring I believe. Where do I go about getting this and is it tough to put in?

Dude...
    It's easy to put a new spring in, just look here:

http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/...oilService.pdf

Your LBS can order springs direct from Rockshox, If you called someone like Chad at Red Barn cycling he could do it too if you didn't have a good LBS..

hope that helps

Jun 2005
    springs are $30.

I have a brand new XFirm spring right here, but it would be too much trouble to send it for just $30.

If you don't know much about forks, have your LBS put the spring in for you. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Watch how they do it. It as easy as removing two bolts and a top cap. The trick is to do it without losing your semi bath oil or making a mess.

mtbr member
    Would you be interested in some type of exchange for stock? I haven't even received the fork yet, so it would be brand new.

Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dingleberry
    Would you be interested in some type of exchange for stock? I haven't even received the fork yet, so it would be brand new.
    Then I could have TWO stock springs! yay!

Just kidding. Sorry I even mentioned the spring, I'm not going to sell it or even mess with trying to get rid of it. It will make a nice giant bobble head doll some day!

$30 isn't much. Get the spring and you're done. Hope you like the fork!

mtbr member
    Another question that I started thinking about after I ordered the Pike. I have a fork mounted Yakima rack (copperhead) on the roof of my car. It has a quick release clap on it. With the axle opening in in pike being round opposed to a QR dropout, I am assuming that I will have a problem getting that to work. Anyone with similar issues?

Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dingleberry
    Another question that I started thinking about after I ordered the Pike. I have a fork mounted Yakima rack (copperhead) on the roof of my car. It has a quick release clap on it. With the axle opening in in pike being round opposed to a QR dropout, I am assuming that I will have a problem getting that to work. Anyone with similar issues?
    They sell adapters. Check with your Local bike shop, thye usually have them.

Members who have read this thread: 0