PIKE AIR travel question- Mtbr.com

Apr 2004

PIKE AIR travel question

What is the minimum travel you can set a Pike Air to? I've seen 130mm on the alltravel model and 110mm on the U-turn. I need around 90-100mm to go on my Racer X for endurance racing and xc but really like the maxle idea for stiffness.. Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by capn
    What is the minimum travel you can set a Pike Air to? I've seen 130mm on the alltravel model and 110mm on the U-turn. I need around 90-100mm to go on my Racer X for endurance racing and xc but really like the maxle idea for stiffness.. Thanks
    If you get the U-Turn spring version, the min travel goes down to 95mm - shorter but definately heavier than the air!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by capn
    Depending on how many travel spacers you install, you can set the fork at whatever travel you want.

I have a Pike Dual Air set at 100mm on my 4X bike. It just required installing 40mm of spacers on the air shaft inside the fork.

Members who have read this thread: 0