Oil leak on my Sherman Flick........- Mtbr.com
    MBN
    mtbr member

Oil leak on my Sherman Flick........

On the bottom of the fork, right where the blue rebound knob is I have a small amount of oil leaking out. The knob is always a bit wet with oil. I wipe it off, and after a ride its wet again. Time for new seals? Anyone have the same problem?
    Thank you.
    M.

Meh.
    There's a little rubber o-ring between the bolt and the lowers.. Sometimes it gets deformed or twisted. You can actually pick up similar o-rings from your hardware store for plumbing purposes and they work fine.

on my 3rd wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by MBN
    On the bottom of the fork, right where the blue rebound knob is I have a small amount of oil leaking out. The knob is always a bit wet with oil. I wipe it off, and after a ride its wet again. Time for new seals? Anyone have the same problem?
    Thank you.
    M.
    Just as previous reply has mentioned, it's the o-ring inside the rebound knob area. Luckly it's not a damper oil. Same thing happened to my Sherman Firefly and my friend's Minute. Very common problem. My LBS took care of it in 5 minute without a charge. So I hook them up with a 6 pack of good brew and they were happy as "pig in the mud". Small payback goes a long way over the long haul... I could have taken care of it myself but sometimes it's not necessary.

STH

Members who have read this thread: 0