Is this normal? Rear shock question.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Is this normal? Rear shock question.

On a one year old air shock (rear) is it normal that if you put your hand on top on shock (or seat) and push down that there is a slight amount of play (maybe moves thickness of a penny) before you would actualy compress the shock? I did not notice this when new. Play is in the shock itself not the mounting hardware or bearings. I was not sure of this is normal after being broken in over a years use of if this a sign of a problem that will only get worse. Shock is a Rock Shox MC3R just fyi. If this is a problem any coments on warranty service from Rock Shox?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallsilver1
    On a one year old air shock (rear) is it normal that if you put your hand on top on shock (or seat) and push down that there is a slight amount of play (maybe moves thickness of a penny) before you would actualy compress the shock? I did not notice this when new. Play is in the shock itself not the mounting hardware or bearings. I was not sure of this is normal after being broken in over a years use of if this a sign of a problem that will only get worse. Shock is a Rock Shox MC3R just fyi. If this is a problem any coments on warranty service from Rock Shox?

Thanks

DU bushing.

Members who have read this thread: 0