no more 115mm Reba?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

no more 115mm Reba?

I'm shopping around for forks and recall all the intial marketing buzz about the Reba being "designed around a sweet spot of 115 mm of travel." But looking on the Rock Shox web site, it looks as though the current Reba only goes to 100. Do I have to find an older Reba if I want the 115mm of travel?

rack admirer

They are still around

I recently picked up an 05 SL with U-turn after long debate since my 00 Z-1 had such longevity; I couldn't kill it.
    Now I ask 'why did I wait so long?'. Aside from the obvious weight saving, it's cool to reach down and increase travel to 115 for an extended steep descent. I really only need 100mm otherwise. It is about 6 turns on the knob at the top of the crown.
    I am still experimenting with floodgate, pos/neg air pressure, comp adj and travel length. It is all good.
    Do a search on froogle or comparison pricing to find the old models.
    MCM # 57

Do It Yourself
    I've read about people with 2006 model 115mm Rebas but they may have been OEM. You might give SRAM a call to confirm.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Best bet is an '05 model if you're looking at the "straight" travel models, I think the U-Turn versions still go from 85-115mm though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

Members who have read this thread: 0