Need Vendors for 24" Suspension Forks & Details or 26" Suspension Fork Use on 24" MTB- Mtbr.com
    RVC
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Need Vendors for 24" Suspension Forks & Details or 26" Suspension Fork Use on 24" MTB

We purchased a used Diamondback Octane 24 for our son last year. I suspect it is a 2005-2010 vintage bike because, it features a seized Omni RST 181 CL suspension fork. Otherwise, the bike is as new.

I see no point in repairing this 181 CL fork and want to get one of the known good 24" suspension forks or get additional information for identifying 26" suspension forks I can machine to fit his frame. Here is what I know so far. The known good 24" suspension forks I see commonly referenced are:

RST F1RST air 24

RST ARIAL 24

Spinner GRIND air 24

SR Suntour XCR-lo air 24

I left a message at RST Suspension USA in CA regarding their models earlier today. Where else can I purchase any of these suspension forks?

Lastly, I have read of some people having some interest in fabricating a 26" suspension fork for a 24" MTB, but I have not seen any completed work. Can anyone offer further insight regarding this?

RVC
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    POAH - Thanks, but I already know of this reference. I should add a potential correction because, I did hear from Mike at RST Suspension in CA. The ARIAL 24 came to life as an OE suspension fork so, he has no intent (unless something causes this to change) to bring the ARIAL 24 to the US. The F1RST air 24 is currently out of stock, but a few are caught in the west coast dock slow down and he anticipate delivery of these few units in the June-July period. The bad news is he lists the F1RST air 24 at $385 so, this seems steep. I will have to contact Bike Shop | Bike-Discount: Onlineshop mit Bestpreis-Garantie to see what they can tell me regarding ordering and importation.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    if you check the family forum there are a few people there that have bought from bike-discount to the states.

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007
    Where else can I purchase any of these suspension forks?
    You can buy the XCR directly from Suntour NA.

http://emarket.srsuntourna.com/colle.../xcr-air-lo-24