Need help for Ebay Claim- Mtbr.com

Nov 2005

Need help for Ebay Claim

I need to know which shock is better and what the value is for a claim with ebay. I recived one and it should have been the other. I will not say which one I got, I just want an honest opinion. Thanks. The 2 forks are the Marzocchi MX Air or the Marzocchi MZ comp

Thanks

MK_
    carpe mañana
    MX is better.

_MK

"The things you get fired for when you’re young are the same things you get Lifetime Achievements for when you’re old."

Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    MX is better.

_MK
    Thanks for the response, what is the difference in value between the 2, I ordered one of them and recived the other and need to know if I should file a claim and if so for how much.

MK_
    carpe mañana
    are you a lawyer of some sort?

"The things you get fired for when you’re young are the same things you get Lifetime Achievements for when you’re old."

Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Crismateski
    Thanks for the response, what is the difference in value between the 2, I ordered one of them and recived the other and need to know if I should file a claim and if so for how much.
    MX is strong and a good fork for XC

The MZ is a terrible fork made by Suntour, not even touched by Marzocchi. It uses chunks of rubber as springs. There are pictures of 80 lb 8 year old kids on MTBR who have snapped them in half.

Very unsafe. I would be pissed if I got a MZ instead of the MX.

Now riding Fox Shox!
    Jan 2005
    The MX actually has some sort of damping as well. The MZ is just a couple of spring loaded pipes. The MX is mucho mucho better.
    Quote Originally Posted by offtheedge
    when I showed it to her she said..."Are you serious" refering to the size...

Nov 2005
    No, I am not a lawyer, I bought a bike off of ebay, and it stated that it had mx air shocks when in reality it has mz comp, so I needed to know a value difference so I can try and get a partial refund via pay pal

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You should definately file a claim, you got a much cheaper fork substituted for what you paid for. I bought a Psylo Race fork on ebay , the seller sent an older psylo XC instead, I complained to the seller and got a full refund. Perhaps you should try that first and if that doesn't work then by all means file a claim.

Nov 2005
    I have already been trying to deal with the seller for about a week and a half with no luck. How much of a refund should I ask for. I paid about 500 for the bike (kona blast)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'd say at least $100 or return the bike for a full refund.If neither hapens definately file a complaint.

Members who have read this thread: 0