Misleading sticker on '06 Reba 29er?- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

Misleading sticker on '06 Reba 29er?

I just got my 29er '06 Reba. I ordered the 80mm version.

The exposed stanchions is about 85mm

However, the sticker on the right leg states the following:

488+ - 5 (115mm travel)
    473+ -5 (100mm travel)

What's going on here? I thought the Rebas are not adjustable.

Do I have an 80mm or a 100mm travel fork?

Thanks in advance.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by 514Climber

488+ - 5 (115mm travel)
    473+ -5 (100mm travel)

Thanks in advance.
    Don't quote me on this but I think Rebas are internally adjustable between 85-100-115mm with the spacers provided.

Check Service Instructions at sram.com
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

The regular Rebas, 26", are adjustable using the...

All travel system of moving spacers around. The Reba Race and SL 29er are only available in 80mm travel. This is due to the larger tire diameter. Sounds like some body accidentally put that sticker on the leg during assembly. 85mm of exposed stanchion is perfectly normal for an 80mm travel fork. So you have an 80mm travel fork not a 100. Matter of fact, as far as I can recall nobody makes a 100mm travel fork for a 29er, at least not yet.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 514Climber

488+ - 5 (115mm travel)
    473+ -5 (100mm travel)

Thanks in advance.
    All Reba forks have adjustable travel using internal spacers (unless it's a U-Turn model). The 26" version is adjustable with travel options of 85, 100 and 115 mm. The 29" version can be set at 80mm or 100mm. If you have 85mm of exposed stanchion, your fork is set at 80mm of travel. Sounds like someone put a sticker for a 26" Reba on your 29" Reba.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

You just made my day! Any day that....

Quote Originally Posted by VT Mike
    All Reba forks have adjustable travel using internal spacers (unless it's a U-Turn model). The 26" version is adjustable with travel options of 85, 100 and 115 mm. The 29" version can be set at 80mm or 100mm. If you have 85mm of exposed stanchion, your fork is set at 80mm of travel. Sounds like someone put a sticker for a 26" Reba on your 29" Reba.
    You learn something new is a good day. Sorry for the misinformation 514! I didn't know that the Reba 29er was adjustable to 100mm! I was wondering when somebody would push 29er fork travel up a bit. I'll bet the axle to crown length measurement on a 100mm 29 inch fork looks like a congressional budget figure though! Thanks for the new (to me anyway) Info Mike!

In my own defense, the RS Website and any other information that I have access to says that the 06 Reba models are available with All Travel only adjustable between 80 and 100mm. And make no mention at all of the 29 inch fork having adjustable travel. Guess I need to update or find new sources eh?

Good Dirt
    Last edited by Squash; 11-12-2005 at 07:44 AM.
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

White Brothers

Actually White Brothers has been making a 100mm travel fork for awhile, called the BW 1.0. They also make the only long travel 29er fork as well called the BW 1.3. As you can guess it is 130 mm.White Brothers should really update their website with this fork. But because thier are only two bikes that can take a 130 mm fork on the market the demand for fork is small, at least right now.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Not that wierd...

It is unlikely that there is a different decal made for the 29" Reba. I am sure RS just uses the same stickers for all of them. Mine has the same decal you mention.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by VT Mike

what a joke
    Just an FYI on 29er forks, Maverick have made travel reducers for both of their forks. It reduces travel by approx 35mm on both forks so they can be used on 29ers.
    blah blah blah

Members who have read this thread: 0