Marzocchi Z1 Spring Replacement- Mtbr.com
    cbc
    Bullit Rider
    Apr 2006

Marzocchi Z1 Spring Replacement

I bought this awesome fork about a month ago- a 2001 Z1 MCR, and installed it on the bike I was building at the time (a 2001 Bullit). The fork was great, super plush, until I opened it up and checked the oil level. It's almost got enough oil now (it was so low it wasn't funny) and the spring rate is waaaay to hard for me. I did some research, and found the green springs are X-Hard. That's a problem for me, I weigh 150.

What springs should I order? Soft or Medium? I was thinking of ordering some soft springs to see how it handles, but I'm worried that they will be too soft & I'll have to wait another week to order the mediums. But, then again, what if the mediums are too hard....

I ride pretty aggresivley at Annadel in Northern California. I am working on more stunts as I become more balanced with the bike. So perhaps I should just order the Mediums and see how it handles.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Clay

mtbr member
    That model year Red were stock (heavy) years before they had prowind (progressive wound springs as stock, for your fork you want white (bianca) or stock prowind. I like the whites 165lbs. Call Marzocchi perhaps to talk and order. Here's a good spring chart. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=18082

cbc
    Bullit Rider
    Apr 2006
    Thanks, that helps a lot! I ordered up a set of whites. They look backordered (shipping within a week) but hopefully they will be here soon

Thanks,
    Clay

cbc
    Bullit Rider
    Apr 2006
    The whites arrived yesterday (Wednesday) so I'm good for the weekend. Can't wait to see how they work, already the fork feels more plush for my lightweight.

Thanks,
    Clay

(Now I just have to do the seals)

Members who have read this thread: 0