Marzocchi or Rock Shox?- Mtbr.com
    Hit em hard!

Marzocchi or Rock Shox?

Rock Shox Tora 318 Solo Air 2008 or the Marzocchi XC 600 SL 2007? Both are about the same price, the Rock Shox is $249.98 and the Marzocchi is $269.98. Going to be doing mostly XC single track riding/racing. Didn't want to go over 200 dollars but then I thought 50 extra on top of that wasn't bad, and then another 30 extra on top of that isn't such a big jump..... I can see where this is going.

Former Bike Wrench
    The Marzocchi is lighter, but the Motion Control damper on the Tora is the superior damper. I'll take performance over weight savings in this instance.

mtbr member
    I had an XC 600 and didn't rate it at all. Nice looking fork but the performance was lacklustre. I personally would take the Tora.

Hit em hard!
    Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll go with the tora.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Another vote for the Tora. I had an XC600 TST2 that came stock on my 08 Kona Dawg and it only lasted about 6 weeks before it blew up the TST cartridge. I replaced the fork with a Rock Shox Recon 351 and it has been great so far. Zoke is coming through on the warrenty, so I'll give their customer service credit at least.

Members who have read this thread: 0