Marzocchi MX Pro SL or Rock Shox Reba Team- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Marzocchi MX Pro SL or Rock Shox Reba Team

I am thinking of replacing the forks on my wife's Tracer with either one of these forks?

Which would you choose? I ide the bike occassionally and I weigh 240lbs so they need to be stiff too, any suggestions please?

Trail Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition J
    I am thinking of replacing the forks on my wife's Tracer with either one of these forks?

Which would you choose? I ide the bike occassionally and I weigh 240lbs so they need to be stiff too, any suggestions please?
    I have a MX pro on my Tracer. The ETA works great on smooth climbs. It is useless on any real hits though. I could never get the full 105 mm of travel on it. I asked Marz. about oil amounts and could never get a straight answer. The last time I contacted them, they ignored me. I tried a lighter fork oil and I got a little more travel and better action. I also experimented on amounts of oil in the air side, and gained a little more travel. It is still short of 100 mm of travel. At first, the fork was rough on small bumps. I changed the oil to a lighter weight and that helped. It doesn't do well on fast bumpy terrain.The coil spring is plusher than my old XVERT air with TPC+. The MX pro doesn't work as well. I think Rock Shox has a new (shorter than Pike fork). It has adjustable travel also. I wouldn't buy an MX Pro again.
    Don

mtbr member
    Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated

Jun 2005
    Damping is better on the Reba.

It's also stiffer.

I think you know which one to get!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot Chicken
    Damping is better on the Reba.

It's also stiffer.

I think you know which one to get!
    Yes I think you are right!

I had some Pikes on my Preston FR a while back and loved them although they were underdamped for me, and I haven't been happy with my Air Marzocchi AM SL's so I reckon the Reba is the one for this bike

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have a Tracer with the 05 Reba Team. Perfect match.

Members who have read this thread: 0