Marzocchi Drop Off 4- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Bonking ... not feelin' well Marzocchi Drop Off 4

Hello I just pruchased a new 2006 Brodi hard tail bike with a Marzocchi Drop Off 4 shock. The bike was just sitting in the bike shop all these years. My problem is the rebound on the front shock. If I jump off a curb or have the front wheel off the ground and the shock is fully extended you can hear a low clang in the front shock. I would think there is some sort of bushing or something in the shock to keep it from making that noise but I might be wrong.

The supression of the shock is fine and soft. It only happens when the front wheel is off the ground and the shock is going to it fully extended postion its almost like the reverse of bottoming out with a firm metal clink sound. Thanks for any advice or help.

Former Bike Wrench
    I had a drop off a few years ago...about the noisiest fork I've ever owned! I think the combination of a very primitive damper and weak negative travel springs are part of the issue.

I rode it a couple years and never had a reliability problem...I'm guessing its the same case with yours.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    So is it normal or an issue? This is not a cheap fork like RST or Suntour.

Former Bike Wrench
    This is not a cheap fork like RST or Suntour.
    Not to burst your bubble...but it is made by Suntour

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thats fine but I want it to perform as designed. If its an issue I want it fixed but if its normal I will shut up and ride..........Thanks

Former Bike Wrench
    the top out noise is common on these forks (as I mentioned mine made noise for the couple years I owned it). You can increase the rebound damping internally, which might help reduce the noise...check your manual or go to Marzocchi webpage and download the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 0