Marzocchi AM 1 - Cartridge Compatibility- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Marzocchi AM 1 - Cartridge Compatibility

I'm curious if anyone can chime in about replacement cartridges for a 2006 marzocchi AM 1. It's currently got the TST5 cartridge in the right leg, and the coil/eta cartridge in the left.

I'd like to replace the ETA cartridge with something a bit more bulletproof and compliant. Anyone know if cartridges from other forks (66 rc2x) can be adapted for use in the AM chassis? Is there another damper cartridge to try in the AM that is a direct fit?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I just got an RC2 cartridge from Marzocchi for my 07 AM1 to replace the TST 2. This came as part of the "AM1 RC2 upgrade kit" so it is definitely is compatible with my fork according to Marzocchi. The sticker on the bag containing the cartridge says 66 RC2x cartridge 180 mm. The 07 AM1 is 160 mm, so apparently the extra 20 mm of cartridge isn't an issue. The 2006 AM1 is 150 mm of travel, right? If so then the RC2 cartridge from a Z1 RC2 would work.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

rc2x

hello, I know this is an old forum, but have a question regarding the mountain 1 from 2006my question is regarding this 150mm all mountain fork. Will the RC 2 X 170 mm cartridge fit into the 150 millimeter fork?

Quote Originally Posted by dougbot View Post
    I just got an RC2 cartridge from Marzocchi for my 07 AM1 to replace the TST 2. This came as part of the "AM1 RC2 upgrade kit" so it is definitely is compatible with my fork according to Marzocchi. The sticker on the bag containing the cartridge says 66 RC2x cartridge 180 mm. The 07 AM1 is 160 mm, so apparently the extra 20 mm of cartridge isn't an issue. The 2006 AM1 is 150 mm of travel, right? If so then the RC2 cartridge from a Z1 RC2 would work.

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    Better go to the source & ask marzocchi

Members who have read this thread: 0