Marzocchi 66 vf Upgradeable or not ?- Mtbr.com

Sep 2004

Marzocchi 66 vf Upgradeable or not ?

Hey!
    any one know if you can upgrade the internals of the Marzocchi 66 vf to get some rebound adjustment??

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    I'm pretty sure this is a possibility. Plenty of people have upgraded their Jr.T's to Supers, 888VF's to 888RC's, so the 66 shouldn't be any different. Give Marzocchi USA a call, they will dial you in on what you need and pricing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    It may have a internal rebound adjust inside the fork like the jr t? I have the same fork as you and kinda wounder about the rebound myself. I'll explore and get back to ya.

Sep 2004

Reply from Marzocchi

Quote Originally Posted by ctrailfreak
    It may have a internal rebound adjust inside the fork like the jr t? I have the same fork as you and kinda wounder about the rebound myself. I'll explore and get back to ya.
    Dear Customer
    in reply to your technical question:
    Hi .

I have a Marzocchi 66vf i believe to be 05 model with no rebound adjuster.

My question is, will it be possible to upgrade the fork and if so what parts are needed and at what cost.

[email protected]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the reply is:
    Hi Alec,

sorry it is not possible to fit the rebound cartridge from the higher spec model. To adjust the damping you will need to change the weight of oil from SAE 7.5 to 10w.

Regards
    Attachment:
    Thank you very much for your help. Feel free to reply to this email to contact the nearest distributor in your area. Best regards, Marzocchi staff

Now riding Fox Shox!
    Jan 2005
    Sounds like BS to me. I'd order the rebound HSCV cartridge, and see if you can fit it. You could simply switch to something like 2.5 wieght oil in the remaining pumping rod side to minimize the spiking effect caused by the SSV.

The SSV damped Marzocchis have a pumping rod that attaches with a foot nut to the bottom of the lowers. The pumping rod pumps into the stanchion, and has a piece clipped to the end of the stanchion. The air topcaps are simply something to keep the oil from splashing out of the fork, and and allow air preload, and keep the springs in the fork. On the HSCV, cartridge damped forks, a cartridge attaches to the lowers with the same footnut, and the other end of the cartridge attaches to the topcap. You should be able to simply remove one of the pumping rods on your fork, and drop a cartridge in place.

You would need the cartridge, the topcap to go with it, and the adjustment knob.
    Quote Originally Posted by offtheedge
    when I showed it to her she said..."Are you serious" refering to the size...

Sep 2004

Have you upgraded your 66?

Quote Originally Posted by MarzocchiFork
    Sounds like BS to me. I'd order the rebound HSCV cartridge, and see if you can fit it. You could simply switch to something like 2.5 wieght oil in the remaining pumping rod side to minimize the spiking effect caused by the SSV.

The SSV damped Marzocchis have a pumping rod that attaches with a foot nut to the bottom of the lowers. The pumping rod pumps into the stanchion, and has a piece clipped to the end of the stanchion. The air topcaps are simply something to keep the oil from splashing out of the fork, and and allow air preload, and keep the springs in the fork. On the HSCV, cartridge damped forks, a cartridge attaches to the lowers with the same footnut, and the other end of the cartridge attaches to the topcap. You should be able to simply remove one of the pumping rods on your fork, and drop a cartridge in place.

You would need the cartridge, the topcap to go with it, and the adjustment knob.
    Well id like to think its BS, but cant really aford to buy new internals on the possibility
    that they will fit when the Marzochi People say they wont...Unless some one has already done it????

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Call Mike at Marzocchi TECH DEPARTMENT. He told me it could be done but was ass expensive if you did both cartridges.

Members who have read this thread: 0