Marzocchi 2006 66 oil change question- Mtbr.com
    FM
    mtbr member

Marzocchi 2006 66 oil change question

when you are putting the top caps back on, are there any tricks to getting the adjustment knobs to interface properly with the damper rods? Not just screwing the top caps on, but making sure the knobs are able to turn the damper rods?

Or do you just thread the top caps in and everything lines itself up?

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    when you are putting the top caps back on, are there any tricks to getting the adjustment knobs to interface properly with the damper rods? Not just screwing the top caps on, but making sure the knobs are able to turn the damper rods?

Or do you just thread the top caps in and everything lines itself up?
    I haven't rebuilt the RC2X, only the SL, but I just threaded the caps in. On one of my older Marzocchis, you could jam the rebound if you weren't careful, so I would set it to a middle of the range prior to screwing the topcaps in.

_MK

"The things you get fired for when you’re young are the same things you get Lifetime Achievements for when you’re old."

Fun-O-Meter
    Sep 2005

66 Sl

MK,

Any advice on changing the oil on the 66 SL? I've changed oil/serviced older Vanillas, Boxxers, but never an all-air fork.

Thanks!

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Quote Originally Posted by rich.grandzol
    MK,

Any advice on changing the oil on the 66 SL? I've changed oil/serviced older Vanillas, Boxxers, but never an all-air fork.

Thanks!
    Not really much to advise on. It is extremely straight forward with the SL. The air cartridge is a self contained unit. You could take it apart with snap ring pliers, but most like you'll just want to leave it alone since all the dirt happens on the damper side. Just be sure you know the oil amounts and take it apart, dump the old oil, put new oil in.

Be sure to release all the air from all your air chambers, otherwise you'll be wiping oil from the darkest corners of your shop. Bottom bracket (or was it cassette?) tool undoes your top caps, 12mm socket undoes the bottom. I like to undo the bottom nuts and slide the lowers off just a little and I let the fork drain prior to undoing the rest and wiping everything down dry, inside and out.

_MK

"The things you get fired for when you’re young are the same things you get Lifetime Achievements for when you’re old."

Members who have read this thread: 0