Marz EXR Pro Air Problem, Pls. Help!!!- Mtbr.com

Nov 2005

Marz EXR Pro Air Problem, Pls. Help!!!

I have a Marz EXR Pro Air 05 fork with 120mm travel. I haven't hit any trails but my fork is leaking oil in the right leg, where the warning sticker of Marzocchi is. Anyway, I have returned my fork to be serviced but after a week of riding on the road, my fork leaked again, I am 151 pounds and the air pressure in my fork is 30 psi, according to the manual, with my weight i can put 30 to 40 psi. Should I add more air pressure? I tried adding more air pressure but it seems to lock-up, the fork doesn't play anymore, or should I return back my fork to be serviced? I need your help, pls. post your answers or email me at [email protected]. Thanks

Nov 2005

New question here. what kind of pump are you using?do you have the manuel? I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange
    I have a Marz EXR Pro Air 05 fork with 120mm travel. I haven't hit any trails but my fork is leaking oil in the right leg, where the warning sticker of Marzocchi is. Anyway, I have returned my fork to be serviced but after a week of riding on the road, my fork leaked again, I am 151 pounds and the air pressure in my fork is 30 psi, according to the manual, with my weight i can put 30 to 40 psi. Should I add more air pressure? I tried adding more air pressure but it seems to lock-up, the fork doesn't play anymore, or should I return back my fork to be serviced? I need your help, pls. post your answers or email me at [email protected]. Thanks
    Does the oil leak from bottom or the is oil on stanchion tubes and how muchoil?

"El Whatever"
    You're putting more air than you need. If you fill it with enough air pressure it will lock.

Maybe you need no air assist at all for your weight. Maybe you blew the seals by putting too much air.

Take out all the air from the fork. Sit on the bike and have a friend measure how much it sinks into its travel while you sit on riding position and with your normal gear on. Don't bounce on the bike. If you get 30-35mm with no air, you're good to go. If not inflate the fork until the fork sinks said amount with your weight on, not more, not less.
    Check my Site

Nov 2005
    The oil is on the stanchion tubes and regarding how much oil, go to this link and check out the pic, it is almost the same quantity but even more, http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=145538. Regarding air assist, I tried removing air on both legs but oil leak became more evident on the right leg, my left leg is fine no problems what so ever but I'm a bit puzzled on my right leg. Thanks "dagooch8" and "Warp2003" for your thoughts

Members who have read this thread: 1