Manitou reverse arch - brake line routing?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Manitou reverse arch - brake line routing?

Does anyone have pictures of how the brake hose should be routed with a reverse arch fork? I'm about to install my Minute 3, and would like to know the arrangement that works best (so the hose doesn't get caught beteen the tire and crown etc).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fsrxc
    Does anyone have pictures of how the brake hose should be routed with a reverse arch fork? I'm about to install my Minute 3, and would like to know the arrangement that works best (so the hose doesn't get caught beteen the tire and crown etc).
    Hmmm, of all the pics I have I don't have that.

Route the cable on the back of the fork, with a tie towards the top of the lower leg (did ya' get that?). You can leave the rest of the cable as is, or if you want you can use another tie LOOSELY zipped on the crown to help keep the cable in place and provide less chance of getting caught i'm bush and various shrubbery.

You don't need to worry about having the cable cross over to the opposite side of the bike if you have enough cable length. Let the cable run in front of the headtube. I've been running my avid BB7's like this for a few months now and it's been flawless (without the extra cable at the crown).

Best I can do is get you a pic tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure someone would have one for you sooner, though. (right guys?!?!?!?!?!??!)
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Here you go...

routing is pretty much the way AndrewTO describes it. I didn't have to use a tie to keep the cable (Avid BB7's) in back of the crown, it stays there on it's own. however with hydrolic brake hose you may need to tack it at the the crown to keep it tucked out of the way. Hope this helps.

Good Dirt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

I like to ride my bike.

Wink

Hey, I really want a Minute 3. Once you get a few rides in could you tell me how it feels, in flex and if it smooth like a fox. PS where did you get it? (Price paid)
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

otb club member

Did mine this way....

Works well for me this way:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris2fur; 11-18-2005 at 08:28 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 4