Manitou R7 MRD or Sid Team 09- Mtbr.com
    a.m
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Manitou R7 MRD or Sid Team 09

Hi,

I can get an Anthem X1 with either the R7 or SID Team 09. I am a little on the heavy side with 95 kilos and i am a little conserned abaout the stiffness of the R7 as it is alot lighter than the SID.

The main riding is XC and gravel roads, not a lot of hard downhill. Getting to old and scared, LOL. My previous bike was a cannondale with headshock, and i have tested other bikes and the Cannondale was superior in frok stiffness. I am pretty shure not alot of the "conventional" forks are that stiff.

This is my first post here, so i thank evryone for their help and time!

mtbr member
    I love the new manitou's to death, as I use an R7-super for my XC'ing. (just did an Ardennes marathon with it).
    However, as you said you're 95kg, you might just enjoy a little more comfort with the thicker 32mm stanchions and powerbulges of the new Sids. The weight difference is in the "very light fork" category either way, so don't let the weightweenies gramcounters dictate your decisions!
    I'm still rooting for the the underdogs though

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Manitou are very stif and a very durable fork. I have had three of them for along time no problems besides maintenence

Members who have read this thread: 0