Manitou Axel Comp question...- Mtbr.com

Nov 2005

Manitou Axel Comp question...

The comp 2005, 80 mm, got a screwed part on the lower part of the inside leg?, i mean at the rebound system, puting it inside the inner leg, wath is the order?

first damp system, latter screw part lower tha leg, third bottom out elastomer with hard plastic (black) part?

please can somebody tell me the rigth procedure ONLY at tho oil damp/reb. leg (rigth leg)?

I think i miss something, because the rigth casting got oil at the bottom, is this normal? or the oil is ONLY bettew compresion damping and rebound damping systems? the screw like black part with o ring keeps the oil inside the inner leg only? or is supose to put oil bellow this part?

online manual donnĀ“t undertand, not clear info.

thanks in advance and excuse me for my bad english

Alvaro

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by gtvenezuela
    The comp 2005, 80 mm, got a screwed part on the lower part of the inside leg?, i mean at the rebound system, puting it inside the inner leg, wath is the order?

first damp system, latter screw part lower tha leg, third bottom out elastomer with hard plastic (black) part?

please can somebody tell me the rigth procedure ONLY at tho oil damp/reb. leg (rigth leg)?

I think i miss something, because the rigth casting got oil at the bottom, is this normal? or the oil is ONLY bettew compresion damping and rebound damping systems? the screw like black part with o ring keeps the oil inside the inner leg only? or is supose to put oil bellow this part?

online manual donnĀ“t undertand, not clear info.

thanks in advance and excuse me for my bad english

Alvaro
    Alvaro,

Check out this pic that comes in the Service Instructions from Manitou. Download the whole thing from answerproducts.com for more detailed instructions.

According to the very same Service Instructions, you should have no oil at the bottom of your castings and you probably have a damaged rebound assembly or at least a defective o-ring where the shaft enters the bottom nut of the stanchion.

As for reassembly, you have pretty much right. You need M-Prep grease to lubricate the lowers though.

I hope it would have helped.

Saludos desde Mexico!!!
    Warp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Check my Site

Members who have read this thread: 0