Lyrik Coil - New Spring Won't Extend to 160mm?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Lyrik Coil - New Spring Won't Extend to 160mm?

Hey guys. I just installed the "firm" blue spring into my Lyrik Coil U-Turn, and now the fork won't extend all the way out. The thick black bar for 160mm is below the wiper and sometimes the "160mm" text is halfway below the marker, even when there's zero weight on the fork. I've tried all kinds of variations on rebound and compression settings, and nothing's worked. I haven't ridden the fork yet, and I'm hoping it might fix itself once the new spring is broken in. Any advice? Thanks.

mtbr member
    I think this is normal, it does the same thing on my Lyrik, only the last little top part of the 160mm writing shows

I dont think its cause for concern

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks. Did you change the spring too, or was it like that new out-the-box?

aka dan51
    I think it's just manufacturing tolerances. My 160 bar goes above the wiper by a few mm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks guys. i was just a little worried that I installed the spring wrong. As for the lost travel, I can live with a 157mm fork...

Jun 2009
    IMO, Rock Shox just got the 160mm mark too low - try to measure it and hopefully you'll find out that you really have a 160 mm of travel (I was also worried at first when got hands on new Lyric but out of the box the mark was not fully visible). Don't worry - just ride!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    My Lyrik coil sags about 2-3mm under the weight of the bike. Pick it up, the full hash mark shows.

Members who have read this thread: 0